23

I woke up in Bartley's dorm once again-fully clothed this time.

I remember everything as well, Cole didn't want me to sleep alone last night. Especially on the bead Ezra had died on.

"Hey, you're mom wants to talk to you." He said to me, I rubbed my eyes since they burnt after all those tears.
"Y/n?" He nudged me,
"I don't want to talk to her."
"What about your dad?"
"I don't want to talk to anyone Cole."
"Alright. Sorry."

I sighed and looked at my phone, no one even knew Ezra was my brother and it was killing me.

My mom came knocking on the door,
"I have to let her in y/n."
"Yeah whatever. Open it."

He opened the door and she walked in and sat on the bed by my feet,
"Y/n."
"What?" I sternly snapped,
"We've payed off the fine, but your father and I think it's best if you stay home until you're done with the whole trauma thing."
"No mom!" I shouted, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm not leaving school, especially not now-the only people I love are here!"a
"But at home you have us, and you're siblings."
"Yeah well I don't love any of you!"
"You're being dramatic, calm down."
"Calm down? Ezra's dead mom! I f*cking killed the only person I could ever talk to and now he's gone. I'm not going back to LA."
"Fine. Have it your way-the funeral's going to be held tomorrow."
"Tomorrow?! Isn't that too early.."
"It's all been planned."

She left me crying on Cole's bed, him staring at me. I got out of bed and left.

"Are you still crying?" Chalut scoffed at me, I walked past him ignoring whatever he had to say.
"It's not like Ezra was special, I get he was your best friend but he was a broke boy living in London. His father must have spent his whole salary on this school."

I slapped Connor the hardest I'd ever slapped anyone,
"You don't ever talk about Ezra that way."

The rest of the day I just smoked weed outside and did nothing, Jayden comforted me for most of it.

In the morning I got ready for the funeral which was being held in a grave yard not long from the school.

I wrote a speech for it as well, he would've wanted me to say a few words.

My family didn't attend the funeral, only me.

Everyone had said there speeches but nothing could compare to mine, I was the only person who really loved him.

I walked up to the stand,
"Most of you just know me as one of the Averill daughters, you must be wondering why I'm even here. I loved Ezra with all my heart, and I honestly don't know what to do without him. He was my best friend."

A tear fell down my face,
"But here's something you don't know about Ezra Prenti. Ezra was my mother's child, meaning he was my half brother. My parents hid him from me and my siblings our whole life, I found out he was my brother the day I met him and ever since he's been my favorite person in this whole world."

Luckily, I told the press to come here so this should be all over the news.

"I don't know what I'm going to do without Ezra, he was really the only person I cared for."

The funeral got me very emotional but theres nothing I can do about it. Most the school day I stayed in my dorm alone seen as they had untaped my room.

I didn't go to lessons all week, I just lay in my bed all day feeling bad for myself. But it wasn't just me, Zeniah was nearly more devastated as I was.

Cole was very comforting to me and we were getting much closer, I liked it. We were smoking weed underneath the tree I'm always at when Jayden started walking towards us,

"Oh, hey." I said to him,
"Hi."
"Can we help you?" Cole shot a look at him,
"Y/n can we talk. Privately."
"Uh-sure."

I got up and went with Jay,
"What?" I asked,
"Bartley? Seriously?"
"Sorry?"
"You hate Bartley. Now as soon as you're sad and vulnerable he's all over you."
"What are you saying Jay?"
"I can't lie but Bartley's using you."
"No he's not, he's just being nice."
"Look around y/n, there are a billion clues right in front of your f*cking eyes."
"Yeah, whatever."

I walked back and sat with Cole,
"What did he want?"
"Nothing."
"Doesn't sound like that."
"I have homework, see you." I said as I got up and walked back to the school.

I want to die. And not in a way like 'ugh I hate this class please k*ll me', in a way where my life has just crumbled to ashes and all I want to do is cry but I can't do anything f*cking right!

Niah and I haven't talked for ages, I'm pretty sure we're never talking again. I have no friends. I can't trust anyone. I feel empty. I have a major drug problem. I haven't had s*x in forever. And I'm not turning my life around anytime soon because what's the f*cking point.

I feel cold all the time.