19

A tear ran down his cheek as he left my room, J didn't even feel sorry. I felt as if he had done this to me, that's why my heart despised him so much.

"Party tonight? [address]. Also sorry you heard it from Niah first, she said you took it well. You okay?" Ezra texted me,
"Yes I need a good party! So happy for you two really :)" I answered him and got in the shower.

Hmm, what to wear though?

Good thing I had a new dress ordered in from Milan a month ago

I met up with Zeniah and Ezra at 10pm in the school hall, then we snuck through the same way as before.

"Try not to get caught this time." Niah laughed,
"Yeah, guess if I cause a scene i should do it anonymously."
"What're you planning y/n."
"Nothing-just a thought."

We arrived at a night club in NYC only 20 minutes away from the school, god it was very dark in here.

You could barely see because of the smoke but at least you could smoke in here. Ezra found me 10 minutes later grinding on some rando's lap, kissing him non stop.

He grabbed me off,
"She's 16." Ezra hissed,
"I'm nearly 17 what the f*ck?!" I said to Ezra as he pulled me away.
"What happened to you and Cole?" He asked,
"Ezra please, ask me any time other than now."
"You good?"
"Yes. Just don't bring it up."

Niah and I found a random pole and were messing around on it with these random guys, plus Ezra of course.

"You have a fiancé Niah!" We laughed as she danced on one of the guys,
"Niah?!" Ezra shouted,
"Ezra she's drunk-let her have some fun!"

"Want one?" A man asked me as he rolled a joint,
"Duh." I sat down with him and we talked for a bit.
"So who are you..mystery guy?" I laughed,
"I literally go to your school."
"You do?"
"Yeah-I'm a senior."
"I swear I've never seen you ever."
"I'm high as f*ck."
"Okay."

I was clearly high-and drunk. I stood up and went to the toilet, some girls were taking photos and I joined them of course. Joining strangers photos is literally the best.

I walked out and saw some words calved into a wooden pillar,

Villains would sacrifice the world for you,
Heroes would sacrifice you for the world,
Even after all the bruises,
The fights,
The name calling,
The mocking,
All those dreadful nights,
We're both villains,
Waiting to give the world to each other.

A tear flowed down my face, god I'm pathetic. I wiped it away and walked off. Only to see the man I was thinking about standing at the entrance, walking in.

A gun shot went off outside, one man had a gun against Cole's head, muttering words I couldn't hear.

Holy sh*t I think he's going to f*cking kill him, the man loaded his gun up with another bullet and pressed it further against his head.

BANG! I was in the centre of the nightclub, a loaded gun held firmly in my hand. The bullet flew through the glass door shattering it to pieces, slicing into the mans body. He fell to the ground.

I ran outside before anyone could notice that I'd shot the gun, Cole stopped me of course.
"Y/n?" His eyebrows furrowed,
"Come on-you're going to get us arrested." I grabbed his arm and we got into a taxi.

"You shot someone." He admired as we walked into the school grounds,
"Not my first time."
"What?"
"My family's practically made from blood money-I've learnt always to keep a pocket pistol in my bag."
"You're like a whole new person Averill."
"Thank you."
"It wasn't meant as a compliment-but sure."

I laughed,
"See ya." I said, as he tried to hug me outside of my dorm.

It really wasn't a big deal, I've killed lots of people-for good reasons though. There's nothing wrong with being a psychopath-plus if no one knows it then technically you're not one.

I woke up and checked my phone, of course it was all over the NYC news how a man in the club had been shot.

Fortunately, they had no record of who killed him.

I was having lunch with Ezra when Cole came over,
"Y/n." He tapped me,
"Yeah?"
"Just wanted to say thank you about yesterday."
"Whatever-don't worry about it, everyone can sense fear."

He raised his eyebrows and walked off slowly,
"Okay you need to catch me up! What happened yesterday?"
"It's our little secret."
"I'm your brother y/n, can't you trust me?"
"I trust you, but I can't tell anyone Ezra."
"You're always leaving me curious."
"If I told you every single thing I wouldn't be very interesting would I?"

He gave me a sort of look where he raised one eyebrow slightly,
"I need to get to class." He said getting up,
"I probably should too."

My idea of 'going to class' was very different than Ezra's. I made my way outside and sat underneath a tree far away from the building, got out my airpods and rolled a joint.

I sat outside listening to music, smoking for an hour when a tall figure walked towards me.
He stood above me,
"Can I help?" I asked furrowing my brows,
"Would you like me to join you?"
"No not really."

He sat down next to me,
"Okay then." I muttered,
"Skipping class?"
"I don't remember the last time I was in a classroom to be honest. You're not an undercover teacher or cop are you?" I laughed,
"No-I've been in this sh*t hole for two years, I only go to science lessons."
"Ew why?"
"It interests me."
"You find weird things interesting then."
"Well you interest me."
"Why's that?"
"Everyone else is in their lessons, I saw you ages away from the school, sitting on your own smoking a spliff."
"Doesn't sound particularly interesting to me."
"Like you said-I find weird things interesting."

We sat in silent for a while,
"I'm y/n by the way."
"Jayden."
"You're a junior right?"
"Yep. You too?"
"Yeh."

We talked and laughed until it got dark then I got back to my dorm. I was rummaging through my draws trying to find my pyjamas, when my eyes got drawn towards a tub of pills.

I could hear them begging me to take them, I couldn't stop myself. I needed these pills, I needed all of them.

I downed them all in one go, pills don't do much harm to me they just make me a little less sane.

I woke up in what I thought was my dorm-but Cole Bartley was beside me and there was a large mirror placed in front of the bed. I'd gotten so high I slept with Bartley?!

I was completely naked. I woke Bartley up by shaking him roughly,
"What y/n?"
"Um-what happened last night exactly?"
"You don't remember?"
"No Cole. I was drugged up on f*cking pills! If a random girl comes into your room or whatever you don't have s*x with her!" I shouted angrily,
"Holy sh*t did I rape you?!"
"I don't know, what happened?!"
"You just came into my room crying then you were literally 'begging me to rail you until you can't walk'."
"You used protection right?"
"You told me not to. You're on birth control tho right?"
"Yeah true."
"Why are you always on something? Don't you have anything better to do?"
"Why are you always obsessed with me? Don't you have someone else to bother?!"
"Are you still high?"
"What the f*ck Cole! No-I'm not f*cking high, why would you say that?"
"Oh I don't know..maybe because you overdosed on pills last night!"
"I didn't overdose!"
"Sure looks like you did."
"Well I'm not f*cking dead. Plus neither are you! Thanks to me."
"Of course you're always going to come back to that aren't you?!"

I couldn't believe him.