115. Let's See What I Write Here

A/N before we start: Please yaar, ghatiya chapter nikla toh tamatar mat marna tum log! 😭😂

Don't look for logic, please. And ignore errors. This isn't proofread.

★★★

The preparations for the coronation were on in full swing, with people bustling in the corridors throughout the day. The invitations were being sent out, the gifts were being arranged for, the palace was being decorated more extravagantly than ever before.

Kaushalya had also sent Bharata to get the heirloom, which was one of the necessities for every coronation, according to their tradition. Being a lineage full of some glorious warriors, their heirloom was rightly a majestic bow. It wasn't something they used anymore, because it was quite the cherished memory of their ancestors. It has been passed on from generation to generation, and would always be there at every coronation, almost as if witnessing the proceedings.

Kaushalya saw Bharata rushing in, clearly looking quite alarmed.

"Where did you say the bow was, again?" he asked, trying to conceal his tension. Kaushalya raised her eyebrows.

"You're telling me you didn't find it where I said it was?" she asked softly. Bharata nodded, looking utterly helpless.

"I looked for it all over the place. It wasn't anywhere! And it's a bow, not like a finger ring that it'll be in some crevice. I don't know, it isn't there, Maa."

"The bow is lost?" she asked, as if to confirm if she had heard it right. He nodded. "HOW?!" Bharata stumbled at her sudden shrieky yell.

"I...don't know."

"Ask your brothers." she said. "Maybe one of them took it out before I told you to?"

★★★

"Aye, idiots, did you see our heirloom anywhere?" he asked the twins.

"Did you see our what?" asked Shatrughna, looking thoroughly confused.

Bharata gritted his teeth. "The bow! The heirloom bow which is required for the coronation!"

"Oh thaaaaat!" breathed Shatrughna. "It must be somewhere here only." Bharata's eyes shone.

"Here? Where here? You both brought it out, didn't you?"

"No." said the twins in unison.

"No?" asked Bharata, emphasizing every bit of the tiny word.

Shatrughna shot him a sheepish grin. "I was just saying, you know, that it'd be around our house-"

"HOUSE?" Bharata yelled. "HOUSE?"

Shatrughna winced. "Y-Yes, house."

"This is a whole palace!"

Shatrughna winced again. This was going slightly out of control.

★★★

"The family heirloom?" asked Sita, eyes narrowed as she tried to recollect where it could possibly be. "That massive bow? It's too big to just be lost somewhere, you know. What if...someone stole it?"