108. Random Family Drama

"Okay! So let's take you on a tour of your own house in case you've forgotten!" began Bharata, pulling Rama by his forearm. Rama laughed, pulling him to a halt.

"Bharat, let's please do this later." he said. "I'm hungry, and I'm pretty sure all of you are too. Laksh, Sita?" He turned to them. "We'll eat something? Or..." He trailed off seeing how exhausted they both looked from all that travel. "-do you want to take some rest, first, guys?" he asked.

"Anything. You guys can decide." Rama sighed, irritated, as Bharata smiled, placing his hand on Rama's shoulder.

"Laksh, let's go and eat. BUT YOU ALL WILL FIRST WEAR YOUR ROYAL CLOTHES AND COME!"

★★★

Urmila led her husband to their room through the brightly lit corridors of the palace. They didn't speak a word to each other, just walked as though all they had was a formal relationship. She opened the doors of her room and walked in, before turning around to welcome her husband. She extended her arm for him to hold. He placed his trembling hand in her dainty one, stepping forward. She tightened her grip around his, giving him some warmth. "Come," she whispered, pulling his arm.

He walked in, the scent of sandalwood filling the air. The dim, warm lighting of the place made it look so much cozier and warmer. The bed, comfortable as it always had been, suddenly made him feel like it was too much for his liking. He had got accustomed to the rocky ground and pine mats more than he should have. He brushed his fingers against the rosewood sideboard that had a few books scattered on it, apart from an empty vase. He raised a brow. Urmila liked to keep the flowers in there. Why hadn't she done it?

He looked up, into her doe eyes. This time, he couldn't hide the smile that crept onto his face. Urmila smiled back at him, relieved that he had finally done't something. He plopped down on the chair that was closest to him so limply that it almost startled Urmila. She walked to stand before him, when he grabbed her hands in his, holding them like he couldn't let go.

"Laksh?" she called out softly. Lakshmana was falling for her all over again. The love, the care in the way she called out to him was so evident, so reflecting of her nature. He looked up at her, tightening his grip around her hands. He pulled her hands close to his chest, making Urmila grow curious.

"Forgive me, Mila." he said earnestly, making her heart melt. She shook her head and smiled at him, as he waited for her to respond. She gently pulled her right hand out of his grip, making him worry if she would free herself of him entirely. He had yearned to hold those hands for years together. She couldn't deny them such a simple thing now, could she? She cupped his cheek with her hand, bending down a little. Lakshmana brought her hands closer to his heart, sniffling. "I-I know it was wrong. I shouldn't have left you! I didn't even give you a choice. I-I just gave you tears. But I'm truly sorry! Mila, forgive me..." he trailed off, his head hung as he held her hands near his forehead.

She shook her head vehemently, but he couldn't see it through the tears that filled his eyes. In an instant, she enveloped him in a hug that he looked to be in desperate need of, running her fingers through his hair. "Don't cry, Laksh. Please," she murmured, as he tied his arms around her. "You don't need to ask for forgiveness, Laksh. I understand." she said, her voice a lot louder. He looked up, wiping the few tears he had shed. "I do." she reiterated. He leaned against her once again, looking up, a smile showing up on his lips. She hugged him even tighter. They were back together in every sense.

★★★

"How do I look?" asked Sita, swiveling around Rama, who looked busy putting on his crown. "Hey! Look at me!" she demanded. He turned to her.