Ch. 30: The Talk

Olivia Baker

"Spencer, I know what you're thinking right now" Olivia said as she reached for his hand. "I'm not upset about whatever that was with Lauren, she's honestly a non factor at this point. But I do want to apologize for what happened with Chyna. I now see why you didn't want me to come in the first place" she said as she rubbed the back of his hand with her thumb.

"This whole thing is just childish" he lightly chuckled, shaking his head. "I just wanted to have a civil conversation" he said as he watched Olivia put her heels on her feet.

"Why don't we try again, babe?" Olivia inquired and Spencer raised an eyebrow. "Would you mind if I go in and talk with her? That's all I want to do, Spencer. I just want to squash whatever this is and move on" she continued and Spencer heaved a big sigh.

"Alright, Liv" Spencer said as he stared at her. "Talkin' is all you both need to be doin', my daughter is in there. Don't make me come up in there for no other bullshit. We gon' have a problem if it gets to that point, on hood" he continued and she frowned.

"I know not to start drama, she always starts with me first" Olivia crossed her arms. "You need to be telling her that, not me" she shook her head.

"You're not supposed to give in to that type of energy, Liv. That's what her stupid ass wants" Spencer sighed. "You go ahead and go inside, this Kameron callin' me" he said as he read the caller I.D. on his phone.

"I'll be back" Olivia mouthed to him as she walked toward the front door of Chyna's home and opened the door. "Is it okay if I come in so we can talk? I don't want any problems, I promise" she said and Chyna stared at her.

"You already opened the damn door, you might as well come in" Chyna said as she rolled her eyes. "Lauren, can you Angel to her room, please?" she inquired and Lauren nodded. Lauren grabbed Angel's belongings and took her to her bedroom.

Olivia walked in the living room and sat in the empty seat across from Chyna. "Wow, the interior decor is beautiful, who did the work?" Olivia asked to ease the obvious tension in there.

"What you want to talk about, Olivia?" Chyna answered her question with a question.

"What do you have against me?" Olivia asked as Chyna adjusted in her seat.

"You ruined the chance of us being a real family" Chyna admitted and Olivia looked at her if she were crazy.

"I didn't ruin anything, you did. You and Spencer were broken up before Angel was even thought of. You kept his child a secret from him for nearly six months, that's your own fault" Olivia shrugged as Chyna glared at her.

"I was going to tell him sooner but-"

"I'm not understanding how you thought the both of you were going to live under one roof and be a normal family? That night at the hospital, you told him you knew a baby would not fix your relationship. What happened?" Olivia cut her off. "I didn't have to take you to the hospital room that night. I didn't have to convince Spencer that fatherhood could change the trajectory of his life for the better. I didn't have to do any of that, but I did. I could've done nothing, Chyna. But that's not in me, that's not my character. Truthfully, you're upset with yourself and I don't appreciate you misdirecting your anger on me" she continued.