Ch. 36: Gatherings

Spencer James

*three days later*

"Spencer, are you sure you're okay, baby?" Olivia inquired as she attempted to help him to his bed. "You need anything to drink? I can get it for you since I will be up and moving around" she continued.

Spencer had just been released from the hospital an hour before. He and Olivia returned back to Mr. A's home to get situated after three long days in the hospital.

"Liv, I told you I'm good" Spencer lightly chuckled. "I'm not handicapped" he shook his head at her.

"I know, I'm just really concerned. I want to make sure you're good" Olivia said as she sat at the edge of his bed. "Are you sure it's a good idea to be back here?" she questioned worriedly.

"Did you not see the armed security out there?" Spencer inquired while he pointed toward the bedroom window. "I'm good here, every inch is covered" he said, motioning her to sit next to him.

"You nearly died a few nights ago" Olivia sighed as she crawled next to him. "I think it's valid for me to be concerned, do you realize we could've lost you?" she rested her head on his chest.

"And you didn't, I'm still here" He asserted. "I'm not worried about nothin' right now and you shouldn't be here either" he rubbed his hand on her arm.

"I'm sorry" Olivia heaved a big sigh.

"You don't have to apologize, Liv. You good" he lightly chuckled. "I know you have a test coming up soon, when you goin' back to campus?" he inquired.

"I'm going back on Sunday" she answered as she stared up at him. "You want me to leave early?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Not at all, I want you here" he assured.

"That's great" Olivia smiled at him. "I wouldn't want to miss today anyway" she said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What's today?" He questioned.

"You can't be serious right now" Olivia tilted her head at him. "You sure you didn't hit your head after you got shot?" she inquired.

"It's a strong possibility" he lightly chuckled.

"Today's your birthday, Spencer" Olivia mentioned as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Okay and?" Spencer shrugged and Olivia frowned.

"Okay and?" she repeated as she widened her eyes. 

"Olivia, you know I haven't cared about my birthday since my moms passed" Spencer said, watching as she frowned. "I figured you'd understand that" he continued.

"I get it, I do" she said in a sad tone. "I just figured you'd at least want to do something small with us, but I won't press it anymore" she continued.

"Thank you" Spencer softly yawned. "You mind if I catch a bit of sleep?" he asked.

"Go ahead and get your rest" Olivia said as she sat up from his chest. "I'll be out in the front with Mr. A. We've got some things to talk about" she said as she pecked his lips. Olivia got off of Spencer's bed and then exited his bedroom.