Ch. 45: A Miracle

Spencer James

*two weeks later*

"Are we still on for dinner tonight with my mom?" Olivia inquired over the phone.

"As far as I know, yeah" Spencer replied as he placed her on speaker. "How you feelin' though? You feelin' aight?" he questioned as he stopped at a red light.

"I haven't had any nausea today, so that's a start" Olivia said and Spencer nodded his head. "I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried though. Are you sure acting as if everything is normal with Kam and his father is a good idea? she inquired.

Spencer was on his way to meet with Kameron to discuss his new designs and future plans for his clothing line. Though he wanted nothing to do with neither Kam nor his father, he figured it would be best to act normal.

"It's the best option for right now, Liv. We already one up on them from the information we got last week, they just don't know it yet" Spencer said as he accelerated on the gas. "I know I said I wasn't goin' to get involved, but I'ma tryna to get as much information out of Kameron as possible" he continued as he turned on Kameron's street.

"You're going to ask a fifteen year old boy about his connection to his father's hit on you?" Olivia questioned.

"Of course not, Liv" Spencer lightly chuckled. "I just need to ask a few deep questions, go beyond the surface, ya know? Maybe I could try to piece together all of this shit. Now that I'm startin' to think, that night at Fox Hills was definitely deeper than gang shit. I think Jay might've been right" he continued.

"Wait, wait. You think all of this goes way back to that night?" Olivia inquired as her eyes grew wide.

"In all honesty, yeah" Spencer replied. "I don't know how, but I'ma figure shit out" he said.

"So the issue with Jay, I honestly thought he was upset with you because of the retaliation from the night at Fox Hills. I thought he blamed you for his house getting hit and that's why he was so upset. But there's a chance he could've been teaming up with BH to kill you too" Olivia mentioned.

"That's exactly how I feel" Spencer shook his head at the thought. "Well look, I'ma hit you up when I'm done with this meeting. I just pulled up at Kam's" he said as he took the phone off of speaker.

"I love you so much, babe" Olivia said with a sad tone. "Do you know that?" she inquired as she felt her eyes teared up.

"Of course, Liv" Spencer lightly chuckled. "You aight?" he questioned, his eyes became narrow and filled with concern.

"I just hate that I constantly have to worry about you" the words strangled in Olivia's throat.

"You have nothin' to worry about, Liv" Spencer assured. "I'm comin' right to you when this shit is over" he stated.

"I'm not jus talking about right now, babe" she sniffled. 

"How about we talk about this when I get to your place?" Spencer suggested.

"We can do that" Olivia said as she wiped her tears off of her face.

"I'll see you in an hour or so, aight?" Spencer said as he turned his car off. "And I love you" he reached for his book bag and opened the car door.