Chapter 11: Back to Reality

Spencer James

"Are you sure you can't come in for a few minutes?" Olivia pouted as Spencer set her belongings near her front door.

"I can't, Liv. I got to get back home and take care of a few things" Spencer heaved a big sigh. "I'm expectin' a phone call from you tonight though" He asserted as he placed his hands on her waist.

"I'm going to call you tonight, I promise" Olivia looked close to tears.

"You a big baby, you know that?" Spencer chuckled as he gently pecked her lips. "What's botherin' you?" he asked in a concern tone. 

"I don't know...I just have a bad feeling in my gut" Olivia frowned.

"You ain't gotta worry 'bout me, Liv. I'ma be good" He assured, pulling her in for a hug. "I promise you, I'ma be good" Spencer gently squeezed her and pecked her forehead.

"Okay..." Olivia sighed as she pulled out of his arms. Olivia unlocked her front door and walked into her dorm. Spencer grabbed her suitcase and carried it inside of her dorm.

"I'll talk to you later, aight?" Spencer said as he stood in the doorway. Olivia nodded as she approached him, grabbing his face. "You stay grabbin' my face cuh" Spencer lightly chuckled.

"Shut up" Olivia said as she placed her lips on his, sealing the space between them. "I love you" Olivia said as she broke their kiss, rubbing the back of his head.

"I love you too" Spencer said as he gazed into her eyes.

"Okay...go ahead and go before I give you a reason to stay" Olivia smiled, lightly pushing him away from her. 

Spencer smiled to himself as he walked out of Olivia's dorm.

***

Thirty minutes later, Spencer pulled up to his home in South Los Angeles. He heaved a big sigh as he hopped out of his vehicle. Spencer grabbed his belongings from the trunk of his car before heading toward the front porch. Placing his belongings on the porch, he searched his pockets for his house keys. He pulled his keys out, ready to unlock the front door, when he noticed his front door was slightly opened.

Spencer pulled his gun out from his waist band as he slowly stepped into his home.

"You got five seconds to show yo'self before I start shootin' in this bitch!" Spencer warned as his eyes scanned the living room. He carefully checked each and every corner of his home before he lowered his gun.

Spencer nearly jumped as he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled his phone out and checked the caller I.D. before he answered.

"Aye, Killa! You back in LA?" Spencer's homeboy, Big Homie, inquired.

"Yeah...I'm back. I think some niggas hit my crib up though..." Spencer answered as he put his phone on speaker.

"What chu' mean?" BH asked in a concerned tone.

"I came back and my front door was slightly opened. I ain't been home in a few weeks prior to now" Spencer said as his eyes continued to scan the home.

"I'm on my-"

Spencer immediately dropped his phone and let off a few rounds of ammunition as he'd seen a dark figure run across his living room.