Ch. 29: Small World

Olivia Baker

"You've been quiet since we got back. You okay?" Olivia inquired as she stood on the doorway of the balcony. Spencer had been outside for a minute, standing with his thoughts.

"Honestly, no" Spencer lightly chuckled and turned to face her.

"You want to talk about it?" Olivia stepped out on the balcony and approached Spencer.

"How was the food Mr. A made?" Spencer questioned and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Nope, nah uh. We're not going backwards, Spencer. I need you to talk to me, you were doing so well earlier" Olivia crossed her arms.

"It's just baby mama shit" Spencer looked at Olivia and she raised her eyebrows. "Alright, alright. Look, I don't want you to get involved in this shit. It's not fair to you to do that, I wouldn't ask you too" he continued.

"I understand this isn't ideal for neither of us, I do Spencer. But you have to understand that I am here for you through anything. Don't shut me out now, please" Olivia said as she reached for his hand.

"I don't know how much of our conversation you heard, but Chyna didn't like when I told her I wanted to keep Angel permanently. Hell, she even threatened to tell the police I was there the night Jay got killed" Spencer explained and Olivia shook her head.

"I'm sorry, but your baby mama is stupid. If she tells the police that you were there, it would not help her case. She'd be in trouble for lying, you'd go to prison. Both you and her wouldn't be involved in Angel's life. What is wrong with her?!" Olivia raised her arms in frustration.

"I can't even tell you that honestly" Spencer rubbed his forehead and heaved a big sigh. "But I'm going to try to reason with her when I see her tomorrow" he continued.

"How do you plan to reason with her?" Olivia inquired.

"I'm just going to try to have a civil conversation with her. I know I caught her off guard with what I said" He said and Olivia nodded her head. "Before I didn't have an issue with the way we were  co-parenting. But now that I know a bit more, I just don't trust her with our daughter by herself" he continued.

"Why don't you have supervised visits?" Olivia suggested.

"I thought about that honestly. The last thing I need is for the courts to get involved. I don't know, I'm just hoping we come to some sort of mutual agreement" Spencer sighed.

"Would you want me to come with you tomorrow?" Olivia asked and Spencer smiled.

"As sweet as that sounds, I don't need anymore drama to occur. The last time you two were near each other, you were about to beat her ass" Spencer lightly chuckled at the memory.

"Rightfully so, though! She tried it with me!" Olivia laughed and shook her head. "Let's just hope she doesn't try anything else, I would have to put hands on her for real" she continued and Spencer started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Olivia questioned as she stared at Spencer.

"You don't seem like the type to put hands on anybody" Spencer said as he paused from laughing.

"Well then you don't know me, Spencer James" Olivia said as she pulled him close to her. "I don't play when it comes to the people I love" she smiled and placed a kiss on his lips.