Chapter 1.

Running.

That’s all I could think about doing right now. I just had to get to the opening. I risked a glance behind me and saw the large male Rogue on my tail. I yipped in surprise and increased my speed. He was fast and that was my mistake for not thinking about it. Damnit I’ve been doing this for so long. It will be my down fall, I know it. Not that I care. Not that I have anyone to care for or care for me. I am Alone. I was previously in the Bone Crusher Pack, but now I’m a Rogue.

I trust no one, and I have no friends. I have enemies. Pack and Rogue a like. I know to mind myself and stay in no man’s land to hunt the Rogues. Sometimes I miscalculate and have to run back over the border before the watch wolves see me. I did not want my life to end yet. I heard a howl breaking my concentration.

I heard movement around the forest I was running through. The damn Rogue was calling for help? It didn’t make any sense. I had sensed the feral in him, and once you go that far into yourself. You don’t think. You React. That’s why I had to kill them. To remind myself I am not like that. And to protect the humans, even though they were not aware of the dangers. Silly things.

I pushed forward faster, as soon as I saw two more wolves emerge from the bushes just ahead of us. I growled. They would not get the edge on me. Stupid Rogues. I pushed harder, glancing back at the wolf behind me; he was now four or five feet behind me with two other wolves on his flank. I frowned in my head.

But continued my speed, the two wolves ahead held their ground as I bolted to them. They crouched down threateningly as I got closer, hoping I would stop, so their chase was over. But no way was I going to get captured by these idiots. God knows what they’ll do to me then. So I increased to my full speed and jumped over them. Before chuckling at them.

I looked behind me as I landed and smirked, but kept running as they hastily regrouped and ran after me. I heard the forest become more alive. What is going on? Rogues don’t hunt together, they fight each other. Then I heard snapping and growling.

I risked another glance behind me and most of the wolves were snapping or growling at each other as they ran after me. A scent making its way to me. Crap. I knew something was off. They weren’t feral or Rogues, they were unmated males, chasing an unmated female, during mating season. Fuck me.

I howled a warning to them as I turned sharply, staying on the outside border of the Broken Shadow Pack land. I could see their wolves following on their side, making sure I didn't cross the border into their land. I whined as my body began to ache. I knew I didn’t have much distance left in me. Soon my body would collapse and I would be exhausted. I growled in frustration.

The wolves behind me howled and whined. I could feel them asking me to open my connection to theirs, but I didn’t want three male voices in my head. But I couldn't fight them off for long. They were pounding and beating at my defenses. I groaned, but finally let them in. 

What do you want wolves? I asked attentively.

I could feel their shock that I’d let any of them in. The one I’d mistaken as a Rogue spoke first. Slow down girl, you smell tired. You will not last much longer. We promise to be gentle. He tried to sound genuine but his thoughts showed otherwise.

I chuckled threw the common link. I do not think so. I have good ten or so more miles in me. How much longer can you and your wolves last? I howled in annoyance. Males were retarded.

His Beta spoke next. We can run much longer, female. Do not take that tone with our Alpha, Rogue. His voice partly venomous.

I risked another glance behind me, to see they were now ten or so feet behind me. So I whipped around and barred my teeth, growling in anger and outrage. How dare you talk to me like that? I may be a Rogue, but this Rogue can kick your wolf butt. You have no idea what I have been through, nor what I can do Beta. Watch who you threaten. I continued to growl and snapping at him. Shoving my anger at him.