𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐢. i have always loved you - ellie carpenter

So I have actually got this request a long time ago, but I have finally writed it. Hope you enjoy!

"Are you ready?" my Barca teammate, Patri Guijarro asked me.

"Si" I answered proudly, because I said something in Spanish.

"Woah, did everybody hear that? The wonder kid said something in Spanish" Patri teased me.

I pushed her shoulder gently.

"I'm actually getting better, trust me" I said.

"Right," she replied.

I giggled and then we runned onto the field, ready for warm ups.

I looked beside me and saw some familiar faces (Lyon).

That most familiar face was my best friend, the one & only Ellie Carpenter.

She waved to me and then I waved back, but before I could run over to her, someone took my arm.

I looked up at my tall captain, Alexia Putellas.

"We're warming up, kid. Not flirting with the other team" Alexia said as I now were her partner to warm ups.

"We were not flirting! She is my best friend. Nothing more" I explained to the Spanish women.

"Only best friends? Why is she looking at you with heart eyes right now?" Alexia asked.

I turned around and saw Ellie looking at me.

She suddenly looked away when we got eye contact. That was weird.

I then brought my attention back to the warm up with Alexia.

"See, she's totally in love with you," Alexia said.

"Alexia can't we talk about something else?" I asked her, not liking talking about Ellie in that way.

"Okay, then how many goals are you going to score for me tonight?" she asked with a smirk.

"I will try to score as many goals as I can for you, Miss Putellas," I answered.

"That's great to hear, wonder kid" she replied as we laughed.

***

We were 20 minutes into the game and I could feel that it was tense for both teams already.

I had the ball at my feet and runned down the field.

I saw Alexia in the box and smashed the ball down to her, but before I could do that I felt someone's body fall into me.

"Watch yourself, Carpenter" I heard Lelia say, before she kneeled down beside me.

"Hey are you okay, kid?" Lelia asked me.

"I'm fine" I answered and sat up, now looking at Ellie being literally attacked by my teammates.

"You literally threw yourself at her! You can't fucking do that" Alexia explained or like yelled at Ellie.

"I was just doing my job! I didn't know you were such a perfectionist, Miss Perfect" Ellie yelled back.

"I'm not a fucking a perfectionist. I just don't want you to injure my teammates!" Alexia yelled.

"Oh, so now I'm the bad guy?" Ellie replied.

"Yes Ellie, you're the bad guy, because you did something you shouldn't!" Alexia yelled.

"GUYS STOP FIGHTING" I yelled at them as they now looked at me.

"I'm sorry" Ellie said and walked closer.