Chapter Forty-Six

They couple had been back from Italy for roughly two weeks, they settled back in easily enough aside from the let lag.

Danielle had to quickly run to the office to sort an issue out but promised she would be back in a few hours. In the meantime Stefania was sorting out the babies room, hanging all his clothes up and making sure everything was clean. It had become a routine for her since being on maternity leave.

Danielle made her way back home around 4pm, on her way she stopped and picked up Stefania a bunch of red roses. A simple gesture but she liked buying her fiancée little gifts.

The Italian used to crave pretzels and ice cream which she would happily eat every day but these days she would like something for two days, meaning Danielle would buy her plenty of it just for Stefania not to like it the day after. Afterwards meaning that their cupboards were full of random snacks that neither of them particularly liked.

"Baby I'm home!" Danielle shouted as she walked through the front door.

"In the babies room!"

Danielle dropped her stuff off in the kitchen before running up the stairs to find her fiancée.

"Why do I find you in here every day?" Danielle laughed.

"I want to make sure it's perfect" the Italian pouted frustratedly.

"Baby" Danielle walked around in front of the Italian and held onto her hands "Everything is perfect okay, there's only so many times you can rearrange his clothes, only so many times you can clean his crib before you start taking the paint off" the American chuckled.

Stefania sighed "I know"

"Come and sit down, I'll make you some tea and get you a snack?" The blonde suggested.

Stefania nodded and followed her downstairs.

"I bought you these bambi" Danielle handed the brunette the roses smiling proudly.

Stefania's sad face turned into a smile, "Thank you bambina" she pulled the blonde in for a soft kiss "They're so beautiful, I love them"

Danielle started making them both a snack, sandwiches, grapes and a few chips.

"Has Jaina called?" The blonde asked.

"No?"

"Colby called me, they're going to the Christmas fair at 6 and wanted to know if we wanted to go. I said I'd ask you" Danielle handed the Italian a plate.

"That sounds nice, yeah we can go" the brunette smiled.

"As it's Hugo's first Christmas, they want to take him to meet Santa" Danielle laughed.

"It can be like a little date, we haven't been on one in ages" Stefania suggested.

"Stef we got back from Italy two weeks ago, that was a week long date"

"Yeah but you know what I mean, this will be cute"

"It will" Danielle made her way around the island and sat next to her.

They continued eating feeding each other a bite of their own.

"So I know we said no Christmas presents..." Danielle trailed off "But I want to get you something, anything, whatever you want"

"Bambina" Stefania laughed "I don't need anything, I don't want anything, I have everything I need"

"I'll get you a new coffee maker? A new toaster, new bedding for us? A new robe? Shoes? Perfume? Anything bambi, tell me what you want"