Chapter Fourteen

A few days later Danielle picked up the courage to go back to her own home as much as Stefania protested. They had only been together for over a week but they felt right together, they seemed to understand each other like never before. The uncontrollable laugher, the never ending snuggles and of course the mind blowing sex.

She was nervous, the house was tainted with her ex. She slowly opened the door and let out a deep sigh. The house didn't feel like hers anymore, it didn't feel homely. To her surprise Casey had cleaned up the beer bottles and empty pizza boxes, it was surprisingly tidy. She walked through the house taking in everything that was missing, Casey did have a lot of stuff. Now the house just felt empty. As she walked into the kitchen she found a envelope and a bottle of her favourite rum. She took the rum and the envelope and slowly slid down the kitchen counter tucking her knees into her chest.

Before opening the envelope she took a big gulp of the rum hoping it would help her once she delved into the note. She took a deep breath and slid her finger under the lip tearing it open slowly.

—— " Danielle,
I will never been able to show you or explain to you how sorry I am. What I did was unforgiving. I never meant to hurt you, you mean the world to me. I am deeply sorry about what I did. I didn't intend for it to happen the way it did and if I could go back I would because I have never regretted anything as much as I regret cheating on you. You were the best thing that ever happened to me, you pulled me out of the gutter when my family disowned me, when they beat me down time and time again. I can never thank you enough for what you have done for me. You took me in when not even my friends could accept me for being gay. I felt like I had no one and then I met you. The love of my life. I will never stop loving you Danielle, you are the love of my life. I hope that one day you can forgive me for what I did. All my love, Casey xxx" ——

Before Danielle knew it, half the bottle was one and tears streamed down her face. She re read the letter about six times before her emotions got the better of her. She was curled up in a ball on her kitchen floor, unable to move. Casey cheated on her that she could understand but why, she never understand why. Was she not good enough? Did she not give her enough? Most of her questions were answered in the letter but she still could not comprehend it.

She didn't know the time, she didn't even know where she was, she was extremely intoxicated and didn't want to be anymore. She felt more broken than ever. Did she want to be with Stefania? That she knew the answer to but she didn't deserve to be with her, in her mind anyways. Stefania was amazing, beautiful, smart and extremely sexy. But Danielle felt too broken to be loved by anyone. She was in love with Casey no matter how much she tried to deny it, yes people move on and fall in love again but she felt like she would never move on no matter how great her next lover would be.
Before Danielle knew it was she was past on the kitchen floor.

24 hours later no one had heard from Danielle, she hadn't answered her calls or texts. Stefania was getting worried so she decided to stop by the studio to see if she was there. She still didn't know Danielles home address.

"Hi is Danielle here?" She asked Callie on reception.

"I'm afraid not sorry. She won't be in today"

"Oh.. Is Colby here?"

"Yes he should be in his office. You can go through, he's not in a meeting" Callie smiled.

Stefania quickly made her way up the building to Colby's office. She quickly knocked and walked in.

"Stefania. What can I do for you? Where's Danielle?" He asked confused.

"What do you mean where's Danielle? Where is she Colby?" Stefania asked worried.

"I haven't seen her in days, she text saying she won't be in but I assumed she would be with you. Is she not with you?"