Chapter 68 :)

Y/n's POV

Me and Michael walk out hand in hand into the wild area of screaming fans, flashing cameras and of course interviewers. Me and Michael stop at one like usual. The interviewer says, "Hello Michael and Y/n, you guys look amazing tonight!" Me and Michael both say, "Thank you." The interviewer says, "Y/n how do you feel about your success these past going onto 4 months?" I smile and say, "I feel amazing, I love and appreciate all of you guys and everyone for the support. Been a journey." The interviewer says, "We are so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, what are you going to do to continue his legacy?" I say, "Well, just do what I love, that's what he'd want me to do. He was even my business manager and had an insight to the music industry. We were actually going to record some music when he suddenly passed." The interviewer says, "Recording music already?" I smirk and say, "Of course. Will always be on that, apart from Neverland, the studio is my home." I giggle. The interviewer says, "Michael, you have been very down low on your music right now, why is that?" Michael smiles and say, "Well, there is a certain process I go through and plus I want to make this bigger and better than Thriller so of course that will be hard to top but we will see." The interviewer says, "Michael, the new lady you have been spotted with, who is she?" Michael sighs and says, "My dance partner and friend that is it." The interviewer says, "What do you think about Quincy and his new girlfriend?" I immediately frown and say, "That happens to be my mother, they can do them." Michael says, "Yep." The interviewer says, "Last question, what is your future as a couple?" Michael says, "Of course we will be together, just like any other couple, we plan to get married and have kids you know. We love each other dearly and also our love for music brings us closer so we are here forever." I smile at what he said. The interviewer says, "Alright, thanks for talking to us, have a great night, Michael and Y/n!" We wave a goodbye and head to photo area where me and Michael take pictures together and separately and head inside to the area.

Me and a Michael walk to our reserved seats and I happen to sit right in front of Prince. Prince says, "We meet again, Y/n." He sticks a lollipop in his mouth. Michael turns but then looks in-front as his name is called by someone. I smile nervously and say, "Yes I guess." Prince says, "And this time you ain't no random girl, you a talented girl and even more prettier than I saw you." Michael turns immediately waiting for my reaction. I say, "Thanks Prince." Prince says, "We should collab soon." I grin and say, "Yes, just talk to Quincy and we can sort that out." Michael says, "Are you considering our collab Prince?" Prince sucks the lollipop and simply says, "No." Michael rolls his eyes. Prince says, "Goodluck Jackson and Princesa." I say, "Thanks, you too Prince." Michael says, "You too, Nelson." Me and Michael both turn our heads and continue to chat until the show began.

The host says, "Welcome to the GOLD awards. We appreciate you for being here tonight and tonight will be full of celebration. Let's open up the award ceremony by welcoming Stevie Wonder singing a classic 'Isn't she lovely'!" The crowd cheers along with me and the music begins to play as I see Stevie on the stage. I immediately get up along with some other people including Michael and start singing and dancing.

After that song, we all settle down. And the host says, "Okay so the first award will be presented by the Stevie Wonder of course. Let's clap him up." We all clap as Stevie slowly walks towards the stage with the help of his guiding stick. The claps die down and Stevie continues to speak, "Well thank you for having me. The first award goes to the best giving award. You know charity work and things like that. We want to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all the nominees for making the world a better place. Let's look at the nominees." I see a couple familiar faces and then I see my face and I instantly smile. Michael squeezes my hand and I can feel him smiling at me. Stevie says, "And the winner of this award is...Where is the love by Y/n Y/l/n!" The crowd starts clapping and immediately getting up beaming. I feel so happy at this point. Michael gets up and kisses my cheek and says, "Well done baby, your first award. Go on and get up." I let got of Michael's embrace and head up on the stage. I shake the hosts and hand and hug Stevie. Stevie hands me the award and I nod a thank you and put myself in the podium. I smile and say, "Well, damn my first award ever." Everyone laughs. I say, "Well, this is a bitter sweet moment. Let me start with the sweet bit. I want to thank God, I want to thank Quincy Jones. Without you I would be nothing. I want to thank the crew. I want to thank little Marcey. I want to thank Michael, I love y'all very much. I want to thank the children at the orphanage, it was so fun to hang out with you guys. I want to thank my sister and I want to thank my late father. Here comes the bitter bit. I wish my father was here today. I really wish he was. I wanted him to see my first achievem-, oh lord I ain't gon cry now." There was a little laughter. "He'd want me to be happy and celebrating his life so I am going to do that. But, I wish he saw me achieve this. He always believed in me. I love him very much. It feels like a lifetime without you already dad. I want to dedicate this award to him and my career to him. He deserves it. I love you very much, please watch over me and guide me. Rest in paradise, dad." A tear falls out of my eye. I do the cross sign along my chest, kiss my hand and raise it up. I smile and the room is filled with claps and screams. I walk down the stage back to my seat next to Michael. Michael says, "I love you." He kisses my cheek and I say, "I love you more." He smiles and we pay attention to the stage.

After a couple more awards, which I receive two more of and Michael one of, it is my turn to award Michael his award. I get backstage and get added a Microphone onto my face. His award is for the best music video of all time. I get handed the award and envelope. Then, I head on stage, smiling at the crowd and of course I make eye contact with Michael. I say, "It's me again." The crowds quietly laugh. "Well, I am so privileged to be awarding this award because the nominees are absolute legends. This one is so so hard to pick from. But anyways, enough of me talking let's get to it. Here are our nominees for the best music video of all time. Prince with Purple Rain!" The crowd clap. I see Prince smirk at me. "Cyndi Lauper with True Colors!" The crowd claps again. "Ray Parker Jr with Ghostbusters!" The crowd claps. "Tina Turner with What love gotta do with it!" The crowd claps. "Madonna with Material Girl!" And last but certainly not least is "Michael Jackson with Beat it!" I smile at Michael who smiles back. I say, "Now you can see this was hard as hell. But, let me just cut to the crap and let y'all know." The crowds laugh. I smile and say, "And the winner is...Michael Jackson with Beat it!" I beam and I see Michael walking up the stage towards me as he thanks people from side to side and smile at people. He kisses my cheek and hugs me. Then I give him the award and step back. Michael says, "I want to thank God who does all great things, I want to thank the crew who worked with, the director and all of them. You know who you are." He giggles. "Umm I want to thank Quincy Jones and I want to thank my family especially my mother and father. I love you all and thank you so much." He kiss the award lifts it up to the sky and then puts it down, grabs my hand and we are backstage. I turn my microphone off but I keep it with me as I have to go and change for my performance.

Me and Michael head into my dressing room and I immediately get changed as there is a time limit. I see Michael who is staring at me up and down but I just focus on changing. I finally get into my outfit. And I laugh and say, "It's giving a mafia leader or a Smooth Criminal." Michael laughs, "That gives me an idea. Smooth Criminal..." I say doing a bit of my routine. "You've been hit by...You've been struck by... a Smooth Criminal." I flick his face and he giggles. Then, I hear a knock on the door and I see that it is Karen, who is here to do my hair. I immediately sit down and she starts doing my hair. Michael watches us carefully and from time to time we laugh at each other. Karen sows on the hat a bit to keep intact and reapplies some of my makeup. I say, "Thank you Karen." Karen smiles and says, "Goodluck!" I smile and Karen heads out. I quickly mark my steps of the dance as Michael watches me like he is deep in thoughts and then the one of the crew people tell me, I need to head out.

I give Michael a quick kiss and then he walks back to his seat and I go to area with all my dancers and I see Ivy chilling too. I glance at her and she is already looking at me but I turn back focusing on the stage. Then I hear, "Now this is Y/n Y/l/n dancing to one of her newest hits. Delilah!" The lights shut of and we head onto the stage and I am determined to make this work.