Chapter 43 :)

Michael's Pov

Watching y/n being in her zone and doing her thing was amazing to watch and let's not even get me started on that cute outfit. She looked really cute and she looked so happy and proud of herself. I couldn't stop watching her, truly amazing. I love the tune to her new song, it is such a cute vibe, and it makes people get together. I cannot wait to see her perform on the big stage on her own. I bop my head along to the music that is playing. Y/n skips out of the studio happily and sitting on my lap as Quincy goes for a quick toilet break.

I kiss her lips softly and I feel that electric energy like usual in me. Her lips will never get old to me. 'Til death do us part...I let go and say, "That was amazing." Y/n giggles still sitting on my lap, "The kiss or the music?" I laugh and say, "Both of course." She smiles and says, "Thank you my love." I say, "Anything for the love of my life." She blushes smiling and looks down. Then, she looks up, "Who knew that I would be dating my childhood crush. Even though we are practically the same age. I think it was meant to be you know." I sigh and smile, "I have to see one of your love letters about me." Y/n laughs and then says, "No it is way too embarrassing." I say, "Pleaseeee." Y/n says, "I'll think about it, okay?" I say, "Fine..." Me and y/n look into each other's eyes for what felt like hours, and I am not complaining. Quincy clears his throat we both turn to him, and y/n jumps out of my lap, kisses my cheek and heads back into the studio area.

Y/n's Pov

Quincy says, "We have to perfect the outside vocals and the second verse. Like, you start strong. But then give up in the middle and then the third one is just about right. The outside vocals are wobbly." I say, "Okay, let's do a run through." I take in everything Quincy says to me. I want this  be clean and perfect as possible. In some ways, I would say I am perfectionist. I start to sing nearly rapping, "What's wrong with the world mama? People living they got no mamas. I think the whole world is addicted to trauma. Only attracted to things that bring trauma. Overseas we trying to stop terrorism. But, we still got terrorism here living. In the USA, hey. The bloods, the Crips and the KKK. But, if you only got love for your own race, then you only leave space to discriminate. And discriminate only generates hate and when you hate then you're bound to get irate, yeah. Madness is what you demonstrate and that's exactly how anger works and operates. Man, you gotta have love just to set it straight. Take control of your mind and meditate let your soul gravitate to the love y'all." I move my hand around feeling the music. "People killing, people dying, children hurt, and you hear them crying. Can you practice what you preach? Would you turn the other cheek? Father, father, father help us. Send some guidance from above because people got me, got me questioning. Where is the love? The love, the love, the love. Where is the love, the love, the love? It just ain't the same, all ways of change, new days are strange, is the world insane? If love and peace so strong, why are there pieces of love that don't belong? Nations dropping bombs, chemical gases filling lungs of little ones, with 'ongoing as the youth die young. Every time I look up, every time I look down, no one's on the common ground. And, if you never speak truth, then you never know what love sounds. And if you never know love, you never know God. Where's the love y'all? Where's the truth y'all? People killing, people dying, children hurt, and you hear them crying. Can you practice what you preach? Will you turn the other cheek? Father, father, father help us. Send some guidance from above cause people got me, got me question where is the love?" I smile brightly and carry on bopping my head, "I feel the weight of the world on shoulder, as I'm getting older, y'all people get colder. Most of us only care about money making selfishness got us following the wrong directions. Wrong information always shown by the media. Negative images is the main criteria. Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria, kids Wanna act like what they see in the cinema. Whatever happened to the values of humanity? Whatever happened to the fairness and equality? Instead of spreading love we are spreading animosity. Lack of understanding leading us away from unity. That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling under. That's the reason why sometimes I'm feeling down. There's no wonder I am sometimes feeling under. Gotta keep my faith and love is found." I look to the glass where Quincy and Michael are, and they both equally have stunned faces. I smile even more and carry on singing, "Where is the love? Where is the love? Where is the love? Where is the love? Father, father, father help us. Send some guidance from above. Cause people got me got me questioning. Where is the love, the love, the love? Where is the love, the love, the love, the love?"

I smile and take my headphones and practically skip outside the booth. I say, "So, what did you think?" Michael goes and hugs me, and I return the hug, "It was phenomenal, baby. I am speechless. I love it." I kiss him on the lips quickly and say, "Thank you, my love." I let go of Michael and say, "Quincy?" Quincy says, "Man in the mirror and Where is the love has a lot of competition. We have to do the background bits in it and your album will be sealed." I say, "Actually can I add an extra song?" I bend down and grab my notebook and flick the pages. I give Quincy the book and he skims through thoroughly. Quincy nods slowly then says, "Sure." I say, "Can I do this with Michael?" Quincy says, "Even better. I do want to finish your album today. So, we will have to skip your session to work on this Michael." I look at Michael to see what he says, and he says, "I don't mind." Quincy says, "As soon as you finish that interview, bring you little ass back to the studio, alright?" Michael laughs and says, "Aye, aye captain."

Me and Quincy spend the next half an hour making the background sounds. We play everything back and I feel so good about today. Quincy says, "Let's start with this duet then. Michael first verse. Y/n chorus. Y/n second verse. Michael chorus. Both of you third verse. Y/n that little bit after the third verse. Y/n chorus. Both of you ending chorus. Got it?" We both nod and head into the booth. We both smile at each other and put our headphones on.

After like two million tries, we finally get the right tone of voice and the right harmonies and all the bits and bobs we had to do. Quincy says, "Let's sit." We all sit down, and Quincy begins, "Today was a banging day. We finished your album and now all we need to do is do some technology stuff and then figure out your release dates. If it goes well, well we can't say no to a tour." I smile at the thought of doing my own tour. I have always dreamed about it, and I am this close to it becoming reality. Life couldn't get any better right now. I say, "Thank you for this opportunity Quincy. It has been amazing starting my journey with you. It has been an amazing ride so far." Quincy says, "No problem. I only work with the best of the best and I can tell you're one of them. You proved that today. Next thing you know you and Michael will be each other's competitions. Taking award after award." We all laugh. Michael says, "I don't mind a bit of competition." I say smiling smugly, "Me neither, MJ." Quincy says, "Michael as soon as you land back from New York. Come to the studio, we are now behind." Michael nods and smiles. Quincy says, "The interview. Dress nicely guys." I laugh but scoff, "Yeah, like we were planning to roll up in some joggers and hoodie." Quincy smiles to himself, "Anyways, be yourself. Answer as many questions as possible. Be clear. Y/n your first proper public appearance. They will find out about your own music soon so be yourself and be appealing and nice. You can't have people hating on you right before your music release, okay?" I nod. Quincy says, "Okay, that ends today's session. Have a good flight and do me proud." Michael says grabbing my hand, "Of course we will Q." I say, "We will Quincy." Quincy nods and says, "Good, see you lovebirds later." We giggle and wave until we leave the room.

When we leave the room, it's like 4pm and uh oh rush hour as soon as we are spotted it's over. We sign out and then walk out but before I knew it, I heard people screaming Michael's name and cameras flashing. Michael was now gripping my waist tightly and I feel immediately calm. After for what felt like forever, we get into the car. I sigh loudly. Michael says, "Are you okay, babe?" I say, "Yes why wouldn't I be?" The car starts to move. Michael says, "Just checking." I smile, "Anywhere and anytime I am with you I am okay." Michael smiles and kisses me on the cheek. Michael says, "About the interview..." I say, "Yeah?" Michael says, "Are you sure you want to do it?" I look outside quickly and already see a picture about the interview on a huge billboard. I shiver. There is no backing out. I plaster a smile on my face and say, "Of course. I don't know what people think about me. They may say I am a gold digger or just with you to be popular. I really don't know. Let's just clear out the rumours while we can, right?" Michael says, "True. If you really don't want to do it, my baby, we can leave anytime even if it is one second 'til we air. Alright?" I say, "Okay." I go and lean on his shoulder.

How could I be so lucky? I think about that every day. Love is so complicated but when you're in it, it's just right. That's how I feel right now.