Chapter 40 :)

Y/n's Pov

"Sh- I mean sugar." I say wincing. Michael looks to me while drinking his water. I say, "I poured my smoothie all over me." Michael says, "Oh." I ask, "Can we quickly go to my home, I have a backup outfit at my house." Michael says, "Sure. Elijah, can we go to y/n's house?" The huge bodyguard nods and we take a quick turn. Michael says, "So, you excited about this reception, maybe you can talk to your sister?" I say, "I don't mind. But, after what happened with my mother. I am not sure." Michael grabs my hand and starts rubbing it with his thumb and says, "No matter what I am with you, alright, my love?" I smile and say, "I know, Michael. I know." I kiss his hand and we stay holding hand.

We finally reach my home and I tell Michael to stay in the car, so he does. I rush up to my apartment and go into my bedroom. I go into my closet then reach down to the bottom where a purple box lays. I dust it and take it out. I open the box slowly making sure not to ruining and see a stunning hat and outfit right before me and very expensive. It was an outfit my great grandmother gave to me. She was my mother figure until she passed away when I was just seven years old. I sigh and smile it comes with the photo she took with it wearing it. She told me to wear it to special events and only with the person you see your future with. I did once wear this on my last ever date with Jay and I never dared to mess it up. Now I am going to wear this again. Plus, I would literally body this outfit. I stop staring at the picture and then get change into the outfit. It was this white short skirt, a bit revealing too, then I wore a white vest, then a white, normal-sized blazer to match my skirt. The blazer had a diamond encrusted butterfly on it. I buttoned the blazer up. I then put on the final piece the white hat. It looked exactly like Whitney Houston's hat she wore on Michael's graduation. It also had the same diamond encrusted butterfly on the side. I lay the hat on the side of my head. I go to my dressing table and take of my eyeshadow and apply black lip pencil around my lips smudge that and then put lip gloss over it. I take the earrings out and change them for pearl earrings inside and change my necklace to a matching pearl one. I spray perfume on myself. I change my heels to some smaller heels so it would be easier for me and not opened toed I don't want to get my toes stepped on. Finally, I finish, and I head outside.

"Sorry, I took so long." I say nervously stepping into the car. "I'd wait eternity for you, my baby. You look gorgeous. How did I get so lucky?" I giggle and say, "I've said the same thing for you. This outfit is so special to me." The car starts to move. Michael says, "How come?" I say, "This was my great grandmother's dress. She gave this dress to me right before she died. She died when I was 7." I look down and Michael grabs my hand and kisses it, making me smile. I carry on, "Well, she told me." I giggle in between. "She told me wear it on special occasions and with someone I see my future with. I've only worn it once but that does not matter. But yeah, that's why it means so much to me." Michael is smiling and without no hesitation he goes in and kisses me. I kiss him back. After a few seconds, he let's go and says, "I can't wait for that future to start." I say, "Me too, Michael, Me too."

After a couple more minutes, we finally arrive at the new venue for the reception. It's a huge hall. It's also like some red carpet themed as there are cameras and a red carpet just like a normal. Me and Michael are holding hands and we smile and take pictures with the camera, and I take mine and take a quick selfie, we make silly faces! We finally get inside the venue, and it looks stunning. But I see everyone staring at us like we were the bride and groom. I hold Michael's hand tighter and scan the room. It seems like we were late. I see my mother sitting right next to Ivy, they both notice me, and they look a little bit jealous, and I just pettily smile and wave at them. They both scowl and then carry on talking. I see my father and me and Michael decide to sit next to him. My father immediately notices the outfit and say, "Oh God. You look just like her." He had tears in his eyes. I go and hug dad. Dad says, "You look amazing too. I need a memory of this we need a picture at the front at the end." I nod and smile so does Michael.

"Thank you all for coming, we appreciate every one of you guys." Leo says smiling through the microphone. "He looks so happy." Michael says, "I am so proud of him." We continue to watch. "Well, now I would love for the speeches to start. Starting with my mother and father." Leo says clapping them up and so do we and everyone else. Leo's mother in tears says, "Never in a million years would I ever see my son settle down. Nor would I have ever thought he would find the right one. But, look at him, my baby is all grown up and settling down. Leo just know, I love you and I'm proud of you." Leo and his mother embrace. Leo's father starts to talk, "Your mother has taken the words right outside of my mouth, my Leo. You have came along way and now you are becoming a man. Just yesterday I was seeing you dig worms out of the mud and then making the house all messy. Now you're getting married. What can I say Leo? You have done me proud, son. You have brought a great woman home too. I cannot wait to see you guys grow. I love you, cub." Leo and his dad embrace in a tight hug. Leo says sniffling. "Thank you so much, I love you mum and dad...Now let's welcome the Michael Jackson, well as I know my good friend. See, Michael became a great friend and he helped me get out of my bad cycle I was in. He helped me and knowing him is such a blessing. Come on, Michael." Michael gets up as everyone claps including me and even whistling and screaming now. Michael laughs and says, "Thank you so much Leo, I love you like a brother. I am so happy to share this amazing day with you and I am so happy to see you happy. Look how far you have come, buddy. You have grown so much and have just been so loyal and honest to me. It is great knowing you and being your friend, Leo. Congratulations!" Leo and Michael embrace and I smile and clap like a proud mother watching their kid win an award. Leo says, "Thank you Michael. I love you brother." Michael says it back and then goes back to sit next to me. He kisses my cheek and sits down.

"Now, it's my turn." I instantly pay attention as I hear my sister's voice echo across the room. She looks amazing in her beautiful now short sparkling dress. Maria says, "Well, my mother is a little too shy to speak." I roll my eyes knowing that she would speak but she does not want to. Maria says, "So, my father is coming up to speak. Come on, dad!" Everyone claps on and so do I. Dad smiles and says, "I am sure that I am giving my beautiful daughter up to an amazing man. Maria you picked well. Congrats too. It seems like yesterday you were walking around with your diaper on and running about with your sister y/n. You guys were the cutest and I'd give up everything to see that again." Me and Maria make eye contact, I smile as she half smiles. Dad laughs, "I'm so happy to be part of this day. You finally can make a new family and do much better than I did, my Maria. I cannot wait for what the future holds. I love you, Maria." They both embrace tightly. I have a small tear in my eye as I smile. Maria says, "I love you so much, dad. Now, time for my best friend, Ivy!" I look confused but I mean it was expected. Ivy goes up and smiles and says, "What can I even say? My bestie has finally found her mans to settle down with. I am just here all the time like girl, can we hang out? But, she's like no I am with my mans." I cringe and Ivy laughs but no one is laughing with her. "Yeah, so basically, like I am just happy to be here on her day, celebrating her. She looks gorgeous too. Leo you picked right. Yeah, so like I love you so much and Leo if you break her heart, I am breaking you." Leo laughs and so does everyone else and they clap. Maria says, "Love you, girl...Now, this one was unexpected, but it was my choice. I want to bring up someone dear to my heart. My sister."