★ we promised... you promised ★

It was silent and still in the village of Chogiville. There was no noise, no movement, no nothing. The dark sky was gloomy as the clouds hung pendulously above, looking down sadly at the barren land. The usual laughter and chaos that would occur on the streets weren't there for people to watch. The drama caused by the troublemakers ceased to exist. Chogiverse, once a bustling village with happiness, was no longer alive. The once-active streets were, deserted; shops all closed with no customers chatting happily. Children did not run to the park with their friends, and teens didn't hang out with their friends. The adults weren't rushing to work or chatting with friends. Not even the hint of an animal living was there. Everything was derelict.  

Chogiverse was, abandoned. There was no other way of explaining it. A beautifully designed village, diverse friendships and people couldn't disappear overnight, could they? It seemed that's what happened to their home. Or merely, the residents of the Chogi Mansion had all split ways. No one knew when this would come; no one suspected it. I mean, who would? One second, everyone was talking, being silly, living life to its fullest. The next, people started leaving due to their reasons. They bid their goodbyes and headed through the gates of the village, not looking back as their friends and family shed small tears.

"They will come back to visit, right?"

Some did, others didn't. Day after day, they would wish for their friends to return one more time so they could talk. However, most of the time, their wish, wouldn't be granted. After some time, they learnt to accept it and move on; even if it hurt them. The seasons came and went, the rollercoaster of emotion they normally felt started fading. Some tried their hardest to liven up the mood, make jokes and cause madness. Though, it didn't receive the same reaction like before. It didn't last long, and it didn't feel as funny as before. Everyone believed it would last.

Everyone had hoped Chogiverse would stay alive for longer.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

Along her window sill sat colourful flowers of different kinds, each as lively as the next. They were tended for and watered regularly; all with love. Surrounding that windows were fairy lights and several strings which were stuck to the wall. Each string contained a tiny picture, quotes or gifted decorations she had received. That was the only sparkling part of her room, for everything else was dull shades of black and white. She looked at the photos that were clipped on the string as she smiled softly, but that smile hid sadness as her fingers gently brushed over the pictures that contained her precious memories. Their precious memories. She looked over at the largest one, which was framed and placed on the wall, surrounded by little drawings. Grabbing a chair, she sat down next to the window as she flicked through her album, the flowers keeping her company. She found her favourite page and stared at it long and hard.

.

.

.