Chapter 27: I hate you guys.

BACK TO MCKENNA'S POV

"Kenna."

"What?"

"Are you okay?" Lilli prodded with a sly grin, matching the same grin on Noah's face. They were cuddling on her bed, with red and swollen lips.

"Yeah, you seem...uncomfortable." Noah added.

"Well if you were stuck in a room, your room, with two hormonal teenagers who wouldn't stop kissing like there was no tomorrow, then you'd also feel the same way!" I snapped, wishing I could strangle them. Fucking brats.

Ever since they'd gotten together, Noah and Lilli, they were always together like conjoined twins, rubbing their relationship in the rest of us faces. The rest of us meaning me, Jacob and Remy, even Maddie and her minions too. And rubbing their relationship in our faces meaning kissing each other whenever chance they got, flirting with each other and even kicking me out of the room so they could have the room all to themselves to do whatever they wanted. I just hoped they hadn't gotten that far yet and if they had, it better not be on my bed. Although I didn't think they were both ready for that yet, they still had a long way to go. But in spite of all that, I was happy for the both of them and I could tell they were happy too. Lilli was practically glowing all the time and looked like she was on cloud nine while Noah looked like he'd bagged the most treasured prize in the world. Their eyes basically reflected their love, adoration and respect they had for each other. Even Jacob, who I thought would be feeling bitter and betrayed, looked happy and content. He even started eating with us at lunch much to Remy's dismay.

"You're welcome to leave." Lilli suggested innocently, Noah nodding in agreement.

"This is my room!" I barked.

"Suit yourself then."

Then they continued from where they left off; giggling, talking in low tones and making kissing sounds. I knew they were doing this intentionally, just so I could leave the room, just like I'd done the previous times. But not this time, I vowed, steeling myself. The kind of crazy best friends I had. I sighed.

Twenty minutes passed and I could no longer endure.

"You guys win." I said through gritted teeth, scowling at their grinning faces as I stood to my feet.

"We love you." Noah said cheekily, his hazel eyes shining in amusement.

"I hate you guys." I retorted while grabbing my hoodie from the foot of my bed. I strode to the door and wrenched it open before slamming it shut behind me. I leaned against the door, hearing their snickers and muffled voices.

"She lasted longer this time." Noah said, sounding impressed.

"Thought she'd never leave." Lilli added, then dissolved into giggles.

"Idiots." I muttered, but I was smiling.

Few months ago, I wanted to hide my true self, wanted to avoid any sort of attention, I even made some stupid rules to keep me in check. But what happened? Got into a confrontation with Maddie on the very first day, crushed on a brown-skinned hottie, basically broke all the rules before even spending a week here. Totally me. But in return I did get some things, people rather, who I really valued, I got four best friends, all of them crazy and special.

Shaking my head with a grin, I made my way to the dorm next to ours, to my boyfriend's room. Wink wink.

                 *            *           *

EPILOGUE

"Paige's back." Lilli said to me as she and Noah set their trays opposite us and settled down. Remy and Jacob were on either side of me with the both of them trying to steal my fries while I slapped their hands away.