17. Meeting My Ungrateful Subordinates

Start from the beginning

Y/n got off the titan and looked at the children with soft eyes. However, before she could make an approach she heard multiple quick steps approaching her, grabbing her collar forward that made her body tilt towards the still undercut male.

"You..." Levi's call was almost angry, but he was obviously holding back on doing something like hitting her.

"Levi, don't pull the collar. It's not mine." She replied nonchalantly, patting the hand that grabbed the cloth.

"When did you..." the man still couldn't complete his sentence as he watched those e/c eyes with a complicated look.

Y/n hummed. "Oh, I just woke up earlier today." She informed him. "This is an emergency so I decided to come."

Hearing her explain, it didn't ease the ravonette and enraged him even more instead. "Fuck, are you trying to kill yourself again?!" The man snapped at her angrily, the words again, made Y/n frown confused.

Y/n blinked from surprise. Marco, who was about to thank the female happily also stopped from his attempt hearing and seeing the angry man shout at her.

Even Mikasa and Armin flinched from the sudden shout.

"Don't shout. I'm in front of you." Y/n calmly told him.

"Did those shitty priests allowed you to get out? What the fuck are they thinking?!"

"I left on my own. No one was there"

"Why would you do that? You just woke up and you want to die again? Is that it?"

Y/n, for the life of her, never thought she'd face a very emotional Levi. Hearing him raise his voice at her made her feel even more awake. She wanted to laugh as she finally completed the puzzles that were missing from her existence for the passed seven years, but at the same time, felt bad for some reason.

"So, Maria still fell?" Rather, Y/n asked.

Levi clicked his tongue. "Stop thinking about that anymore." He said.

Y/n could only purse her lips seeing the man irritated but the firm grasp on her collar remained.

She then turned to the trio. She wanted to approach then, but at the same time, couldn't just push an emotional heichou out of the way so she remained standing like that.

"Levi aniki!" Hearing a familiar female voice shouting from close by, Y/n's ears tingle in excitement.

From the walls, two more figures had began to zip down and land on the ground with worry. A male and female called out to Levi only stopping when they saw a familiar back.

Their eyes went wide and their scalps went numbed. Y/n was soon able to escape Levi's grasp and turned around to see two beans alive.

"Isabel, Farlan. You two looked a bit older." Y/n hummed, observing Isabel's hair was longer and in a braid and her body gradually turned a bit more mature and earned a few good curves. Farlan, on the other hand, was leaner and his eyes were deeper, indicating the life experiences he accumulated for the past seven years.

But those dignified images broke as they looked at the stoic female. Their eyes softened and Isabel soon cried. "Y/n!" She called out like a child.

The image she managed to establish as the scout's 'free knight' was ultimately broken as she looked at the girl who had been asleep for years. Almost immediately, her arms wrapped around her and enveloped her with a tight embrace, leaving the few cadets who's been watching the drama to be stunned.

"When did you wake up?!" She cried.

"Today. This afternoon..." Y/n replied.

"This afternoon?!" Farlan was surprised, frowning in disapproval when he saw her wearing the uniform. "Yet you engaged to Trost? Are you mad?" He asked.