Chapter 33

"Healthy citizens are the greatest assets any country can have"-Winston Churchill

Humaid parked in the hospital premises, he carried her again and rushed inside with mama and nabila trailing behind.She still wasn't moving, her eyes were completely shut. He entered the reception and called the attention of some nurses, and in some minutes... ameerah got admitted. The doctor entered the room while Humaid, mama and nabila stayed outside moving to and fro, eager to hear what's actually wrong with ameerah. Mama has called and informed Abbu already.

Abbu and ya Ali came almost immediately, they all had worried expressions. Humaid greeted Abbu respectfully and shook hands with ya Ali. Nabila also exchanged pleasantries with them before she and Humaid walked away to give them some privacy.

"What exactly happened kausar?  Abbu inquired

"She fainted in bilaal's room... Mama said wiping away the tears in her eyes.
Abbu soothed his wife telling her everything would be okay.

Some minutes later,the doctor emerged from the room and they all rushed to meet him.
"Doctor how is she? Is everything okay? Can we see her now? Mama asked anxiously, she silently prayed nothing has happened to her daughter.
The doctor hanged his stethoscope on his neck "  she is not awake yet...but before then,did anything happened to her recently?

"Yes she lost her fiance three days ago, Abbu said

"Well then it's affecting her because right now, she is in the first stage of trauma...shock and denial.....

Ammi gasped while Abbu held her and told the doctor to continue

"It's not something you have to worry about because it's just the initial stage and she can over come it in a very short period of time. It is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings, it occurs immediately after a bad event,and when the patient gets a good therapist and cooperate, the depression goes away completely. Otherwise, it will continue moving to the next stages which are very worse....the doctor explained everything to them, they all had mixed expressions except Humaid, he knew he needed to help ameerah.

"So doctor what is the right thing to do now?
Abbu asked

"Well, I'll inform the therapist right away, he travelled but I'm sure he will be.......

"No doctor you don't have to, Humaid here is a good therapist and I'm sure he would be of a great help.... nabila interrupted

They all looked at Humaid while he just nodded, he quickly showed the doctor something on his phone, perhaps their medical stuffs...the doctor nodded and  shook hands with Humaid

"Alright then, doctor Humaid....I wish you all the best, she will be having the therapies at home, I know it will be easier for you. I'll discharge her once she wakes up.
The doctor said and turned to Abbu and mama
" Don't worry sir, everything will be okay...it's just a minor case...

"Okay doctor,thank you so much Abbu said and the doctor left.

They all turned to Humaid and mama said
" Thank you so much, humaid...this means a lot to us

"No mama, please stop thanking me....I'm glad I would lend a helping hand here...it's my job after all, I'll try my best insha Allah
Humaid assured them to which they all nodded with a sigh of relief.

Afterwards they all sat on the chairs outside the room and waited for ameerah to wake up.

                  *********