Chapter 16

"All the evidence that we have, indicates that it is reasonable to assume in practically every human being, and certainly in almost every new born baby, that there is an active will toward health,an impulse growth,or towards the actualizations"-Abraham Maslow

       Lagos, Nigeria.

The weeks that passed were hell for me, alot of things happened within a short time. During the training last two weeks, I had to move to the HQ, waking up as early as 4am, and immediately after subh prayers, my training with the officers starts , and it ends at exactly 8am. But alhamdulillah I didn't encounter any problem, they were all ready for the operation because they all abided by the rules and regulations.

The operation was carried out in Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja. And of course it was a successful one, I was beyond happy, my senior officers were all proud. There was a grand celebration for me and my team. Many soldiers,army and Navy officers were in attendance. I was given an award of honor for two successful operations in just a short period of time.

Two days after the celebration,we flew to damaturu because the Boko Haram were still killing and rendering many people homeless. So we joined hands with the army as we patrolled with helicopters, and alhamdulillah peace was restored because many of the terrorist were caught. It has been really tough because it's not my field to be part of fighting terrorist but I gave it a try, atleast to help the affected. So many people (adults and children) were injured and subhanallah the sight was so heartbreaking. We came back to Lagos after 5days and everything continued smoothly.

Despite all my tight schedules, I've been keeping in touch with my family. I didn't tell ammi about the Boko Haram in damaturu because she would be worried and probably wouldn't have allowed me to go. Faisal told me he was done with his final exams, I was really proud of the young man he's becoming. And nasreen is always complaining that I should come back soon. Nabila and her family too have been calling. I miss them all. And Ameerah, alhamdulillah our relationship is getting stronger by each passing day. Very soon I'll take things further and make it official insha Allah. Sending her gifts has gradually become a part of me. I do that every Friday, I made sure I ordered the flowers and chocolates early to be delivered on time.... thanks to khaleel.

Femi has just left after making dinner, I have been busy today, the passing out of soldiers in NDA is tomorrow Saturday, so I stayed back in the HQ and helped Air commodore Saidu abubakar with the arrangements. I didn't tell my family I was coming, i once told ameerah but she doesn't know it's tomorrow. It would be a surprise for all of them even though I'm not spending much time but atleast. I took a bath and ate, afterwards I called ameerah and we talked, she told me about school, whining and complaining that she is tired already. I had to encourage her before she stopped complaining.After we spoke for 1 and a half hours, we ended the call and I offered two units of prayers before sleeping.

I woke up early and dressed up in my very neat uniform, beret and shoes. I informed Femi I'll be away so he shouldn't bother cooking meals and I quickly left for the headquarters. When I got there, I parked my car and handed the keys to the chief security. I walked briskly towards the building, they were all dressed in their uniforms. I saluted to the senior officers and stayed on my lane. An officer announced that it was time to go (7am)We used the Airforce plane instead of a helicopter.

In an hour or so, we were in kaduna. Cars were sent already to pick us up. We met 6 black high Landers each with a symbol of the Nigerian airforce. We entered the cars and zoomed off in a convoy. In just a few minutes, we were in Nigerian Defense Academy NDA permanent site Afaka, Kaduna. I quickly called khaleel and told him I was in kaduna.We were ushered to our seats and tables. So many dignitaries were present, The president, vice president, Chief of army staff and his team, Senior naval officer(admiral) and his team, Air Marshal and his team, the road safety corps, the commissioner of police and many more.