Chapter 10

"Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non being is the greatest joy."-Lao Tzu

          *Bilaal*

I had just woken up from sleep, Friday morning,I checked my wristwatch and it's just 8:26am....I had a peaceful slumber with beautiful dreams, I smiled as I remembered last evening ...what if she rejects me, and tell me she doesn't love me? What will I do? So this is how people in love feel.... I've never been in a serious relationship all my 26 years...so many girls have shown interest in me but I didn't give any of them a chance, probably it's because I would meet ameerah. I sighed and lazily strolled to the bathroom.
15minutes later, I came out and dressed up in a cream tee and brown sweats I spritzed perfume and went out.

I walked straight to ammi's room but found an empty room. Definitely in the kitchen I thought and left for the kitchen. Of course I saw her there, her attention on the batter she was making, I walked to her and hugged her from behind "good morning ammi"

  She gasped at the unexpected hug "morning my love how was your night?

"Alhamdulillah ammi, so what are we having today?seems you are busy

"I'm just about to bake a chocolate cake for you before you leave, I know how much you love it.

"How sweet ammi, thank you

And she smiled

Just then nasreen walked in yawning and  looking disorganized,a below knee length night dress, her hair scattered facing different angles and swollen big eyes....

  Ahhhh.... good morning ammi, ammi replied without looking up "morning auta

She yawned again good morning Yaya

I frowned "what is good about the morning? aren't you supposed to be in school now? But here you are appearing from nowhere looking as though you've just escaped a lion's jaw...why are you not in school huh??

"Ya bilaal we are on midterm break fah, we will resume on Tuesday insha Allah she replied and the frown on my face disappeared

"Thank God

She burst out laughing

"What's funny?

"Ya bilaal Wai lion's jaw...haba Mana, she laughed again

"Oh it's true aii, isn't it ammi?ammi laughed and said '"that's how she is, I pray you won't scare anyone with your sleepy looks one day

"I smiled and turned to nasreen"have you looked at your mirror today?

She shook her head no

"Do it immediately and see what we mean

She walked out laughing"you are exaggerating things Yaya, it's not as if I look like a zombie

I just smiled and faced ammi, she placed the the cake pan in the oven and set everything.

"It will be done in few minutes

I nodded and we walked to the dining table

I watched as ammi ate her breakfast, I refused to eat anything until the cake is done......
We talked about random things and just then, the oven made a short sound indicating my cake is ready. Ammi stood up immediately and entered the kitchen.