Chapter 5

"It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society"-Jiddu krishnamurti

A week later
" Ameerah's pov"

Since they left, after he waved me goodbye, I have been randomly thinking about him. I tried to push this thought out of my mind but I couldn't. His handsome face has been appearing in my day dream. What was really happening, I remembered kareema telling me stuffs about love, I dismissed that and told myself I can't just fall in love now. Maybe it's just what people call crushing on someone.
Today being Saturday, I am in the parlour with Adil telling me about his exams, we continued gisting when I heard mama called my name from her room, I quickly stood up and went to answer the call. " Mama you called me"
" Yes ameerah your abbu just called me, he said you should check your email, they have started releasing admission.

ohh God, I felt nervous. I ran to my room and Adil followed me, I quickly grabbed my phone to check my email. I muttered some duas while Adil was telling me to calm down. I checked the email and closed my eyes, I guess Adil checked first because he said "big mama common its something you would love to see" I slowly opened my eyes and behold, it read " congratulations dear Mukhtar Ameerah, you have been offered an admission to study chemical engineering in kaduna state University". O.M.G I re-read the information and screamed jumping on adil and scattering the pillows on my bed.

I hurriedly ran out of my room to Mama's room, she was sitting on her bed folding some clothes, I jumped on her happily saying mama sun bani admission. " Alhamdulillah ameerah, oya get off me, you suppose to thank Allah and you are here trying to break my bones. You didn't even call abbu to tell him. I was too excited to think of anything, I quickly dialed abbu's number, after ringing two times, he picked the call, abbu nasamu admission...I screamed through the phone.... Abbu knew I was excited so he didn't bother to scold me for shouting.. instead he said maasha Allah ameerah, I'm so happy for you dear, Allah yasa albarka se na dawo anjima. Thank you abbu ameen ameen se ka dawo. I also called my ya Ali and shared the good news, he also congratulated me and as usual teased me, iyyeh autan mama anzama big girl, yarinya se uni..I just laughed because I was in no mood to roll my eyes, he told me they will soon start their final exams, so I wished him all the best before ending the call. Who next? I called my besty, she answered immediately.... Heyyy guess what? She laughed and said we have been admitted into kasuuu.... she cut me off, Oh my Gosh this is so sweet, Alhamdulillah we are going to the same university. Karima said they gave her medicine and surgery to study, it was her dream to become a doctor. Our dreams are gradually becoming real. We were both given what we applied for. Alhamdulillah was the only thing we kept muttering.

We ended the call after spending 1hr 15mins talking and imagining our life in the university. Later in the evening, abbu came back and of course I was given a long lecture on University life, how to cope and study hard, my parents advised me on everything I ought to know. I thanked them and abbu said we would finish all the registration proceses before lectures commences.

At night after chatting with karima, we planned to go to valentino for ice cream the next day. I kept the phone aside and went to the bathroom and performed ablution, I prayed and prolonged my sujood thanking Allah for all the blessings, I prayed for my family, friends, education and the country. When I finished I jumped on my bed ready to sleep but suddenly, his face came to my mind. Ya Allah...why am I always thinking about him, I'm sure he doesn't even remember me. I groaned and rolled myself in the blanket before finally forcing myself to sleep.

*Bilaal's pov*

I just finished making call with nabila with her kids complaining it's been while since they saw me. I promised to visit them before I go back to work.
I remembered the promise I made to nasreen the other day about shopping, I dressed up and went to her room, I found her reading a novel. Care for a ride plus shopping? I asked her. She quickly jumped up and hugged me, ohh ya bilaal sure
I only nodded and said get ready I'll be waiting for you outside, tell ammi we are going out together and don't waste my precious time please, no make-up. I said in one breath, she laughed and said okay bro, just give me few seconds, "you are not serious, just hurry up please" I said as I walked out. After 10 minutes, she came out and we first went to a mall and told her to shop for only 30 minutes, she was excited and she kept dragging me from this side to the other asking me to choose shoes, wristwatch and other stuffs for her. After 30 minutes as I said, we were done shopping, " ya bilaal please let's go to valentino and have ice cream, they make the best wallah so yummy"
Nasreen look I'm already tired, ke Baki gaji bane?
She pouted and said haba ya bilaal we won't waste much time Allah
Okay okay I've heard let's go to valentino and get the best icecream for ammi's baby. She laughed and said yawwa bro, love you so muchh, I can't wait for that yummy ice cream to melt on my tongue...ohh my my. We continued talking on which flavor is the best until we finally reached valentino.

University here we come, Ameerah and kareema 🥂

Bilaal fulfilled his promise, awwn🥺❤️❤️
We all need a brother like him you know....
So any observations??
You guys should comment and vote please
A few seconds won't hurt, will it?
I love you and thank you ❤️

Haleemah✨