Chapter Thirty-Two

Börja om från början

"Oh shut up and make me come" Carina ordered.

Maya laughed as she placed her head between the doctors legs and started licking her inner thighs.

"Maya I swear to go-" she was cut off by Maya's tongue on her clit "oh fuck!" Carina screamed.

Maya started sucking and nibbling slightly, she could feel Carina's legs already starting to tense up. She slipped two fingers into her teasing her with the amount of effort she was putting in.

"Maya will you just fuck me please"

"As you asked so nicely" Maya laughed. She quickly picked up the pace, her fingers and tongue working to a rhythm, her fingers hitting the perfect spot as she thrusted them in and out, her tongue adding the right amount of pressure. Before she knew it Carina's walls were tightening, her legs shaking, "Maya!" The Italian moaned loudly, releasing herself over the blondes mouth and fingers.

Maya licked her clean and moved back up to her lips, "Will you kiss me now?" The blonde smirked.

Carina squinted her eyes at her before finally giving up, "Fine" she pouted, Maya was quick to jump onto her lips, her tongue teasing the Italian's bottom lip before slipping it in "Mmmmm.... You taste good".

Maya pulled away and laid down next to her. Once their breathing had calmed Maya finally spoke up, "Do you want to tell what happened earlier baby?"

Carina sighed "Not right now" she paused "But I will"

"Okay" Maya mouthed, she snuggled her face into the Italians neck.

"Are you tired bambina?" Carina whispered.

"Not really, it's only 10pm, why what's up?"

"Can we go for a walk? I've been stuck in doors all day, I just want some fresh air"

"Okay" Maya nodded.

The couple changed into some comfy clothes before leaving the room to find Andy on the couch with Ryan watching TV.

"I hear someone's feeling better" the Latino smirked, emphasising the second word.

"Yeah she got mad at me so we had sex" Maya laughed.

"Why'd she get mad at you?" Andy asked rising an eyebrow.

"Because you've seen her naked, so I changed my background picture to her sleeping and she got mad at that too, so she wouldn't kiss me, then I told her no kisses ever ever again. Then she said we can't have sex without kissing.... So I proved her wrong" Maya smiled proudly earning a slap from the Italian.

"Oh Carina hunny, if I was into girls you would definitely be top of my list"

"Uh excuse me, I'm right here" Ryan chipped in.

"Oh sorry babe , if I was single and into girls" the Latino laughed correcting herself.

"Well you've already offered us a threesome some so..." Maya shrugged her shoulders causing Ryan to almost choke on his beer.

"You what?" Ryan gasped.

"We're going now, we'll be back later" Maya laughed pulling Carina out of the apartment.

The couple left the apartment and started walking down to the waterfront, hand in hand walking silently, a comfortable silence though.

There weren't many people out, it was a weekday and night time. A few kids skateboarding, a few drunks stumbling about, the odd person jogging by. The air was fresh and crisp, with a storm not long passed it was nice. The moons light reflecting on the water, gentle ripples.

"Maya?" Carina whispered.

"Yes my girl?"

"I uh- I- I love you" the Italian mumbled out.

"I love you too babe" Maya smiled, she stopped walking and held onto Carina cheek, "But do you want to tell me what you're really trying to say?" Maya asked with loving eyes, her thumb smoothing the back of her hand.

"Hmm" Carina sighed "I uh, okay" she said nervously. She leaned up against the barrier pulling Maya in close. "I won't bore you with the boring medical terms, but I uh," she took a deep breath trying to hold back her emotions. "Hey it's okay beautiful" Maya soothed. She wrapped her arms tightly around Carina waist resting her head on her chest.

"I lost a mother and a baby" Carina whispered. This was the first time she had said it out loud, and with Maya, it felt safe to say. "Her placenta detached, the sack filled with blood" she sighed "When I got there her levels were all over the place, we done a c section but by the time we got the baby out she had lost too much blood" Carina's breathing became heavy "That wasn't everything that happened, there were other complications but then I had to tell her wife that her wif-" Carina choked back.

"Hey hey baby it's okay, it's okay" Maya soothed, she pulled her in closer as Carina rested her head on Maya's shoulder.

"I had to tell her wife that she died, that their son also died" Carina sobbed "That I couldn't save them, either of them"

"Okay okay" Maya soothed, her hand rested on Carina's back softy going in circles.

"I'm my whole OB career, I've only ever lost three mothers, in all these years. I've lost two in the past few months" Carina sobbed.

Maya didn't know how to comfort her, this was not really something she was good at. "It's not your fault baby, these things happen and I wish they didn't, I wish I could protect you from feeling this way"

Carina lifted her head and looked at the fire Captain "It reminded me of you, all I could think about is you. I don't want to lose you, my worst fear is a doctor walking up to me and telling me that you're- that you're dead. And it breaks my heart, you terrify me, you scare me to death because I have such an immense fear of losing you, of not being able to hold you, to kiss you, to look after you and love you the way you deserve to be loved. I'm scared that you'll leave me, that one day I'll wake up and you're not-"

"Okay hey hey Carina, first of all I want to you take a breath baby okay. I don't mean to interrupt you but you need to breath" Maya looked up at her girlfriend who was choking back her words, she wiped away a few tears from her cheeks. "I don't think you took one breath throughout that" Maya laughed nervously.

Maya unzipped Carina's jacket just so she could be closer to her and wrapped her arms around her waist. "I love you Carina, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone. Every single second of every day, all I do is think about you. Seeing you is the best part of my day, the part I look forward to. I know that deep down you will always be scared because I am too. Like damn how did I get so lucky finding you? You're the Italian doctor goddess"

"You missed out the orgasm bit" Carina chipped in.

"You're right, I'm sorry. You're the Italian orgasm doctor goddess" Maya laughed "But baby, I am never going to leave you okay, I know my job is dangerous but I do everything I can to keep the team safe. This is why I yelled at you after the bus crash because I was scared of losing you. I can't promise that I will always come back to you because... well I can't, but I can promise that I will always try. I will never leave you okay, you are the love of my life and I will always be here, maybe not in person but I will always be with you"

Carina took a deep breath "Okay" she mouthed slightly smiling. Maya looked up at her, pausing to look into her eyes before giving Carina a sloppy kiss. "I love you okay, I would do anything for you"

"I love you too"

"How about we get hot chocolate from our favourite little truck and head back home for more snuggles?" Maya suggested.

"I would love that bambina"

A/N

So I actually enjoyed writing all the cute chapters, but it reminds me of how single I actually am 😂

I know I didn't go in depth on the medical terms but I don't know what I'm talking about and I got yelled at before when I said the wrong term so I'm avoiding it from now on 😂

Have an amazing day! And prepare for a drama filled chapter next!