Ch. 32 : It All Came Down, Crashing

"It's been a few weeks since I started seeing him and I think...I'm going to marry him."

I heard Miss Alice. I wish I wouldn't have.

A few months ago, higher and higher, she took me, I was the happiest but, hearing Miss Alice, everything went still and the moment I let her words soak into me...before I knew it, it all came down...crashing.

Without a second delay, I run away, away from her.

10:30 P.M,

At home,

Same Day

Scrolling through our texts, all the small yet so precious messages from her, but, as I scroll down, the sweet interactions changing, becoming monotonous. Those early upbeat conversations, now has become nonchalant.

I always wondered, used to fret about why so formal replies suddenly from her side, what did I do wrong? But, now I know why.

Reading throught all the messages, taking one last glimpse of it all, I delete my FB account. It's better to cut myself off rather than get hurt by seeing the formal or no replies. It would just hurt.

It's not like I didn't expected this to happen. Since the day I fell for her, I knew, I knew she never belonged with me, I knew she would eventually be someone else's, but, I just wished what we have or had, I wish we still had it for a little while longer.

My mind's a hurricane, heart's a mess yet, all I feel right now is numbness with no tears to shed. No matter how much I scream inside, the tears won't fall.

Next Day

Sports Day
Day 2,

12:30 P.M, At School

"I shouldn't have come."
I whisper to myself.

Miss Alice is standing in front of me, but, far away, on the stage, talking with a student.

It just hurts now. She is a teacher, he's her student, she can talk with him all she wants, but, it just hurts. Everything hurts.

As they are done talking, Miss Alice spare me a look and walks away. I look away, knowing that look won't mean a thing now.

***

It's lunch break now. We have to get the tokens for getting the lunch from our Encharge. Mine is Mr. Relic, Tessa's is Miss Alice as she also participated in Judo this year and Miss Alice is judo's Encharge this year.

After looking everywhere, I finally spot Tessa with Miss Alice, getting the tokens.

"Ohh, Daisy's here." She said aloud as she sees me.

Miss Alice responded to her words and look towards my direction.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes away.

"I can't now, I just can't. This so fucking hurts."

"Miss, give Daisy a token too, please."
Tessa says to Miss Alice.

"She'll be given that by her Encharge."
She said with no softer tone and walks away.

"What's with Miss Alice? Did you two got into some stuff? I saw how she rolled her eyes when she saw you. Did you do something?"

"Did I do something? Maybe fall in love with the one who can never be mine."

"I don't know. She's been like that to me for a while. Maybe, she's got some things on her mind. Who knows." I replied,
trying to sound as normal as possible.