Ch. 17 : Back To Normal

"Alice."

Miss Alice breaks the eye contact with me as she is called by her colleague and moves out of the passage, drifting away slowly, like an angel disappearing.

I'm just stuck in the moment.
My heartbeat ringing in my ears.
Our eye contact a few secs. ago is on repeat in front of my eyes.

"God! I've fallen for her. I'm so in LOVE with her."

"Daisy!"

Lisa is running towards me but for me everything is in slow motion as I'm still lost in Miss Alice.

"Sorry Daisy, but I'd have to leave too. My parents are getting angry for staying out here so late. My brother even came to school to pick me up. I'm sorry, I'd have to leave now."

"Okay, no problem, take care."

"Okay, bye-bye."
She waved me goodbye and
I waved back to her as she takes her leave. Once again I'm left alone with this peaceful silence enveloping me.

"Hmm, what to do now?"

I go out in the ground in search of teachers to ask what is to be done now as I'm the only volunteer left.

I see a group of teachers standing near the food stalls where evening snack is being served.

As I approach them, I see Miss Alice is there too and I go all shy for some reason unknown.

I go near the circle, to Isabel Ma'am, my bio teacher.

"Ma'am."

No reply.

"Ma'am."

Still, no reply. Miss Alice is right in front of me and my voice is lost as she is looking at me now.

"Ma'am."
I'm calling out Isabel Ma'am in a whisper and finally other teachers and Miss Alice has to point me out to Isabel Ma'am as my voice got lost in space and she doesn't noticed me.

"Oh, yes Daisy."

"Ma'am, all the volunteers have left, I'm the only one left now. So, should I leave or stay?"

"Oh you should definitely leave. It's late already."

"Okay, Ma'am."

"Is someone here to pick you up?"

"No Ma'am, my house is nearby only, I can walk my way home."

"No, absolutely not!"
I'm startled as all the teachers including Miss Alice clearly disapproved of my departure all alone.

"It's already 7:30 P.M Daisy. Call your brother or your parents, then leave."

"Okay Ma'am, I'll just ring them up."

***

My brother arrive after 10 mins. and I go to inform the teacher-in-charge of me.

Soon, I got my permission to leave and as I'm heading out, I just want to see her one last time.

"Where did you go Miss Alice?"

I'm wandering here and there, just in hope of seeing her.

Finally, I see her in the ground and as soon as we make an eye contact, I turn around and leave with a big smile plastered on my face.

"Woah, I can die happily now."

*Next Day*

Waking up late, dreams and thoughts filled with the one you love and the name of your love escaping your lips first thing in the morning is the best feeling ever.

There's no school today as the  prize and award distribution ceremony is taking place in the school for which not much volunteers are needed and so, no school today.

I get out of my bed, do my chores. Being at home makes you busier than you are at school(Mom's orders to do this and that) so, the day just went by.

*5:00 P.M, Same Day*

"Hey...catch it c'mon, C'MON...YESSS!!"

I scream as Peter catches the ball and Dean is out. 

It's evening, play-time so, here I am, playing cricket with my friend circle which only includes boys(no girls of my age near my house, can you believe it!).

Peter(slim, handsome, star of the show), Alex( Chubby, sensitive kid of the group), Henry( verryy thin, tall for his age, classmate of Alex) are on my team whereas Nick( Peter's younger brother), Kevin(Alex's elder brother, shy, kinda chubby, has a sweet laughter) and Dean are in our opponent team.

"Great Peter!"

I appreciate Peter as he catches the ball and as a result my brother is out.

"Next is Kevin."

Kevin is readying himself for the incoming ball and meanwhile, I'm looking at my school, it's just a few hundred steps away, I can literally jump inside the school's boundary anytime I want.

"Did Miss Alice went to school today, is the ceremony still going on. I see some people in the corridors, are you there Miss Alice?"

Only I knew, how I held myself from going near the school, in search of Miss Alice.

"Daisy...run! Throw the ball!"
Alex's voice brought me back to the game and I see the ball coming towards me. I run quickly to grab it and threw it towards Peter as I see Kevin going in for a run.

Luckily, he took the run safely without getting run-out.

From all the running, my hairs got messy, panting, I go back to take my position and I see people getting out from school...teachers.
Our playground is just beside the road, so whoever passed by, we could easily see and so I see Miss Sarah on her scooty and sitting behind her is Miss Alice.

I just look at her as she came nearer and went past me just like that, she didn't even look at me.

"Woah, she didn't even looked at me. Guess she didn't actually saw me or did she just ignored me? After all that happened yesterday. I just know it wasn't completely one sided or maybe I am thinking too much. Maybe what happened yesterday meant nothing to her."

"Daisy! Throw!"

Peter's voice is ringing in my head from afar as I'm starting to feel gloomy but I somehow force myself back into the game and go for the ball.

All I could do was whisper,
"Maybe, all that happened yesterday is misinterpreted by me or even if it was real, I guess it's done now, maybe everything went back to the way it was...Back to normal."