Ch. 27 : You're My Escape

Life is most fucked up right now. All that is keeping me sane and helping me divert my mind from everything is helping out my class teacher, my English teacher, Miss Stacey. Only because of her, at school, I'm busy enough to avoid thinking about anything that might be hurtful, but, it doesn't help with the aching heart and falling tears that roll down as soon as I step inside my house. All of my memories about Miss Alice, Angela, Anna hit me at once.

Tessa and Paige are nicest of companions but, being with them doesn't stop my encounters with Miss Alice. Every morning seeing her to see her treat me just as a student. It just hurts.

And amidst these all, comes a news.

"Two students from 11A are going to join you people." Said Miss Stacey.

"Oh, new ones or the old?" I thought and my doubt was soon clarified as two students stepped inside the classroom's door.

First came Nicky and I let out a happy sigh.

"Gosh! Someone I know!"

In all these days, finally something good happened. Nicky and I have known each other since 7th standard and she is a good friend of Ava as well.

And behind her came a girl who I didn't knew.

Tall, skinny, blue spectacles on her pointed nose.

I felt my heart contract and she is the first one since 2018 who made me feel like this.

I keep on eying her as Nicky and she sat on the seat behind me and Tessa.

"Hey Nicky! Long time no see. Welcome to this boring class." I chuckled.

"Hey Daisy. You know how Mr.Adam(11A's class teacher) is. Just love to fuss around." There was this anger in her tone.

I looked at the girl sitting beside her and let out a small "hii" .

Seeing her up-close, she has these small pretty eyes, covered with thick eyelashes.

"Hii." She said in a soft tone.

"I'm Margot by the way." She added.

"It's nice to have you here with us Margot." I said and smiled and she smiled back.

"Omg! Her eye smile. So pretty!"
Well, I have a weakness for pretty eyes
and her eye smile just hit me at the spot.

"Woah, I wish to know more about you Margot."

***

Days passed and with each passing day Margot became a part of my small group. Nicky and Margot are neighbours so they knew each other well but, because of Margot's upfront nature, Tessa, Paige and I had no problems in befriending her.

And after knowing her a bit, I got to know two things about her-

First, she ISN'T as soft as she sounded the first time. Margot is the first girl I've ever encountered in my life who uses cuss words like we use "and" or "but". As much as she looks feminine, her language is as much as that of a boy who doesn't give a fuck about what others say and this is one of the reasons I like her, just she and her thoughts, but, sometimes, it does give me a second hand embarrassment.

And, second, she doesn't mind me being touchy and clingy with her! I hold her hand, I look at her and she doesn't mind.
So much excuses I make to exchange my seats with Nicky to sit beside her.

Today is just another day, when I'm trying to exchange seats with Nicky but she won't get up! I give up finally but suddenly a question pops up in my mind.

"Margot, I have a question. I need you to answer honestly." I said to Margot, being somewhat shy.

"Hmm. Yeah. Sure." She replied.

"Okay, so the question is~ who will you marry if there are only two people left on this planet, an average boy or the prettiest girl?"

"Umm...the prettiest girl ofcourse."

My eyes gleamed.

"Seriously? You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm sure."

A chance. I saw a chance.

"Maybe she is comfortable with homosexual relationships. I know I like her and being in her company is what I enjoy the most right now. Should I give out some sort of signals to her? Omo! What should I do?"

I can't decide what exactly I'm feeling for Margot but, after all these days, I know one thing for sure...Margot, the only person who makes me forget my pain, the only person who make me forget Miss Alice when I'm with her, the only person with who I escape all my troubles.

I just know this for sure that Margot...she is my escape.