Ch. 3 : It All Starts With A Dream

Late June, 2018

"Yarr! Classes are being held one after another and periodic tests are getting on my nerves." I said, getting annoyed.

After a month long summer vacation it is really hard to switch the study mode ON, all that summer fun just vanished. Now study, study, study.

"So true Daisy. Even Miss Alice is taking our classes regularly now. Her period was the only free period that we used to have. Even that's gone now." Rachel...my bunny-like friend said.

Everyone in my friend circle agreed.

***

Early September, 2018

"Where am I?"

Suddenly I am in the middle of a jungle.
...
Middle of a jungle...that too a jungle on fire!!

"Oh my God! Fire!!"

"Hey, we need to find the treasure soon or else we're gonna get roasted with this whole forest." Somebody said.

I soon realise that I am surrounded by 4-5 people whose face I cannot recognise. Infact, they all are just...white figures. But, one person catches my eye.

Miss Alice...

"Oh my...what is she doing here?"

The moment we look at each other...

A scenery switch

I'm standing in a white room like... literally white. As far as I can see... everything is as white as marble. Suddenly, Miss Alice appear in front of me.

...Silence...

We are just looking at each other.

We sit in front of each other...looking into each other's eyes and I can see the pain in her eyes. She looks so sad and...lost?

...Dead drop Silence...

We're scooting closer to each other with every passing second. She's just inches away. It's almost like we can kiss.
...
"Wait...what? We're going to kiss?!
Damn' I'm going to kiss Miss Alice!
Oh Ma God! My heart! She's so close!
Her lips...so soft...perfect plum lips."
...
"Shit! What am I thinking!
If it's gonna be this way...we're literally going to kiss.
And damn' I--I just can't take my eyes of her. She's so perfect...so beautiful."

She touches my cheeks and pulls me
closer with our lips just CMs apart...

And...

I wake up(😐).

Sweating and confused.

"What the hell was that?!
It's not like I've got a "teachers' crush" on her and I wasn't thinking about her lately...I wasn't thinking about her at all!...She's just like any other teacher in my school."

"Then why did I dream about US...about HER?"

I'm sure I felt nothing about her...neither do I feel anything now.

Then I realise...to my surprise...my fingers are on my lips. Shit!...I bite my lips.

"What's happening?!
I'm sure I feel nothing about her.
Oh no...but, I can definitely feel something errupting in my stomach right now...
...
Butterflies!
But, I felt absolutely nothing before...
NOTHING!
NOT--
or is it...
SOMETHING..."

After all these months...why am I starting to feel like this for her just because of a dream?

How can it all go from NOTHING to SOMETHING...just because of a dream?!