Ch. 8 : Tease

"Shit...shit...shit!"

I'm running around my house.
My mouth full of cornflakes, my id card in one hand and a single sock in another.

I'm late for school...again.

"Haan...hibernate until I pour iced water on your face, realise that you're going to be late again, run around the house with a single sock in your hand
while searching for another."
My mom said...taunting me.

"Learn something from Dean. How can you both be so opposite of each other even when you two are twins?"

There she goes again...comparing me and my twin brother Dean. I know he is better than me in almost everything but I got my own charms too( it's just that I haven't discovered them yet🤠).
He's he and I am me.

Why do parents always end up comparing?

Mum is still yelling but I am getting really late so I just give her a quick goodbye kiss on her cheeks and went out of my house.

It's just a five minutes walk from my house yet I'm running to enter my school gates as soon as possible. Just a minute late and I'm sure my class teacher's going to eat me up and to make my situation more spicier, my class teacher happens to be Mr. Relic😐.

I enter my classroom, gasping and the bell rings.

"Finally, I made it here just a second before."

Ofcourse, my eyes just started searching for Miss Alice as soon as I entered my school premises but I couldn't find her.

After the day when she glanced back at me for the first time, she's been doing so frequently. Not all the time but, yes, most of the time...she ends up returning the glance. Although those are short, millisec. glances...they are enough to make my heart flutter.

I still don't know what to make out of them...being a teacher, why is she doing so? But, who cares. I'm just happy that this isn't completely one sided and just to look at her looking back at me...I end up searching for her the moment I step inside my school.

But, I didn't even see a bit of her since morning. Getting restless...I ended up asking Angela about her.

"Hey Angela...did Miss Alice come today?"

"Umm...no...she didn't."

Just these three words broke my heart. For the next 2-3 periods I was just spacing out.

"Ahh! I need to clear my head!"

I walk towards my classroom door as the bell rang and the teacher left the classroom.

Right to my classroom is 10A, my brother's class and as soon as I turn my head towards his class, I see the face of the person who just makes my day.

Miss Alice...

I felt my heart skip a beat.
It's just me and her with no one else around. We just share a quick glance and without stopping she enter 10A.

I'm soooo dumbfounded.

"She didn't come to school today...
right?...or do I miss her so much that I'm hallucinating?"

Then it hit me.

"Angela!!!...you bitch!!"
I exclaimed angrily and run inside my classroom to give Angela a beating.

"Why did you do so...you dumb cow?!"
I slapped her on her shoulder.

"What did I do?...and stop hitting me!"

Still playing the innocent child huh?

"Stop pretending like you know nothing...I saw her right now entering class 10A...you liar!"

This is when she lost it and rolled in laughter.

My friend circle (Anna🦊, Amy🐼, Rachel🐰, Sophia🐵) except Angela🐮 is totally confused not knowing what is happening around them.

"Yah!...I'm sorry. It's just so much fun to tease you." Angela said.

"Tease?...why would she tease me about her? I haven't told her anything about my feelings for Miss Alice yet."

Before I can say something...our next period begins and I have to take my seat.

*45 minuets later*

Drrrrriiinnggg

As soon as the teacher leaves my class, I run towards my classroom door, hoping to catch a glimpse of Miss Alice leave class 10A.

As I'm heading towards the door, Angela whispers something to me...

"Daisy...she's good. She's not like Anna. She'll understand you."