Chapter 77 - Rampage

"You can do it," Ciaran assured as Pier stood beside him.

The young master was wearing his cloak and it now fits him perfectly since Ciaran adjusted the size. The hood of the cloak was draped on his forehead and it hid his appearance perfectly.

The young master sighed as he turned to gaze at the Vampire Prince standing beside him.

They were all now gathered back at the entrance of the second mountain where Pier had met the members of Nightfall for the first time.

Accompanying them were vampire warriors which he estimated to have reached almost up to a thousand.

Some hid in the trees while others who had high positions within the group such as Clone, Hex, and Ciaran all stood at the front.

"Who told you I was nervous?" Pier asked calmly and Ciaran observed the young master.

Indeed. Instead of having a panicked and nervous expression, Pier was all too calm.

Too calm that Ciaran himself was worrying.

"I'm just reassuring you," He spoke to the young master and Pier shrugged his shoulders.

"Thanks."

They all stared at the other side of the fence.

Just a few steps in front of them, they will enter a place that is infested with rampaging monsters.

All the participants in the operation were listless and in fear.

Even if they were vampires, creatures who can be rarely seen by humans and other creatures, even though they are powerful enough to take over a human kingdom with just a few members, they still have their weaknesses such as silver. The monsters waiting for them at the second and the succeeding mountains are not like silver but they still felt fear.

Before, they can easily deal with the monsters on the first until the third mountain, however, even some of the monsters on the first mountain are now giving them a hard time because of the glowing stone at the top of the fifth mountain.

They were in despair.

They were in agony.

Pier was their final and remaining hope of securing their home back on the second mountain.

"Are the children well?" Pier asked Ciaran and the Vampire Prince nodded his head.

"The children are accompanied by the vampires who are tasked to protect them. They will leave the mountain and find another place to stay if we fail this mission," He spoke.

Pier was pretty unsure of this 'mission' they were about to conduct either.

The reason for such uncertainty was composed of many reasons.

First among those would be the danger that is involved. It was not only the monsters that he had to worry about. Vampires other than Ciaran were also his enemies.

He did not personally know any of them and does not have any good bond too. He was a total stranger who wore a hood over his head and his face that remained unseen became a total addition to the uneasiness the vampires feel with him.

There are possibilities of vampires attacking him while they were in the middle of this mission but he still risked it.

He wanted to give Ciaran his gratitude for letting him out from the kingdom even just for more than a month.

'I'll be back in that hell hole again. Might as well do something fantastic before I go back.'

He thought as magic manifested in both of his hands.