Chapter 71 - Repentance

Asher stood at the window of his chambers.

The sun shone brightly and people can be easily seen right outside the palace through his room.

Ugh...

He groaned as he tried to move his right arm.

It was still numb.

It was after his duel with Pier's knight that his right arm had gone completely numb. He was unable to move it and he was not able to wield his sword on his right hand anymore.

He did not expect the knight to be that strong. Each of the knight's sword blows dealt massive damage to his arm that protected against the sword.

An unexpected event made him realize his arrogance and his complacence.

He was taking it easy because it was Pier's knight that he was having a duel with and came forth the powerful slashes that made his hand that wielded the sword for years become unusable for the meantime.

"Your Highness, please refrain from moving your right arm for the meantime for it to heal faster," the healer spoke as he started to keep all of the materials used in checking Asher's condition.

"How long until my arm heals?" He asked while he was still looking outside.

"An estimation of three weeks to a month would be needed, your highness," The healer spoke and Asher sighed in defeat.

There's nothing he could do right now, especially that it was all done.

"Understood. Thank you." The healer bowed before he went out of the Crown Prince's bedroom.

Asher carefully sat on his chair and faced the table that contained many papers.

He could not go to his study now because of his condition and he needed to rest that was why he was confined in his room.

He sorted out the papers that contained many details. There was some work he needed to sign for the kingdom and there were some personal articles he had found.

He grabbed a paper that contained one of the personal information he found.

[The Successor of the House of Masters is the Newest Prodigy in Music]

He grabbed another one

[The pieces played by the Young Master became the most talked about after centuries of studies about music!]

And another one

[Scholars had planned to present the Successor from the House of Masters a full special entry to the Academy of Music]

Sigh

Pier Belmiunde had made his mark on the history of the Kingdom.

He was now a renowned genius in the field of music.

'Another step further from me' Asher thought as his left hand carefully held the documents that contained the young master's news of achievements.

Did he regret every single thing he had done?

'Everything. Every last one of them'

His fingers grazed on the black and white image that was imprinted on the paper.

It was the image of Pier who had a nonchalant and expressionless face. Yet the level of attraction anyone would get from it was astounding.

Pier did not fail to look good even on a black and white image imprinted on a piece of paper.

"I'm so sorry. It was my wrong to ask you to become my concubine," Asher whispered as Pier's words reiterated themselves on his mind.

The memories were clear and it was a constant reminder for the Crown Prince how illogical and immature he had been.