Chapter 29 - Realizations, Rejection, and Admissions

"That was really good, Young Master," Asher complimented Pier. Pier dusted his bottom off and stood upright before bowing respectfully in front of Asher.

"Thank you, Your Highness. It's my pleasure to receive a compliment from you," Pier said and completely ignored Asher right after because he saw the young servant kneeling on the ground and was shaking in fear.

In front of Caleb were two of the three most feared individuals in the kingdom. One word from either of these people could lead to getting his entire family executed and hanged on the palace walls.

"Caleb, stand up." Pier crouched down and helped the young boy stand up but Caleb remained motionless and continued to kneel. Pier sighed and looked at Asher. The Crown Prince flinched as he was surprised by the sudden glance Pier gave him.

"Your Highness, this servant is with me. Please do pardon him if he ever aggravated his highness." Pier said in a monotonous voice.

"But what are you doing here with the servant, Pier?" Raphael asked as he glanced back and forth at the young master and the kneeling servant.

"He must have gotten bored while I was attending the gathering and decided to wander around the palace, thus leading him here in the garden. It was with luck that I met him here." Pier answered. Raphael nodded his head and looked in Asher's direction.

"Your Highness, please do not punish the young servant. He's still young to experience such things." Asher's eyebrows twitched in response to both Pier and Raphael's words.

Aggravated? Punish? Sure, he might have been planning to punish the servant when he saw him with Pier for the first time but seeing how close they were, he decided not to because he thought it would only distance himself from Pier further.

"Of course. You don't have to worry about it," He said and the servant stopped quivering in fear. Pier smiled as the servant stood and dusted off his ragged clothes.

"Here, you can return now. It seems the young duke and his highness has something to talk with me." Pier said and Caleb nodded his head before grabbing the small guitar. He bowed his head to the three nobles and went back.

After Caleb left, he turned to face the two individuals who were silently watching the interaction between him and Caleb.

"May I know the reason why Sir Raphael and His Highness came to find me?" He asked and the two stood there for a moment before speaking.

'He says Raphael's name without any worries but he can't even say my name.' Asher thought about the way Pier addressed him and Raphael.

"How about we speak over a cup of tea, young master? It would be improper for us to talk with the young master in a place like this" Asher said and Pier agreed. The three started to walk towards the center of the garden where a pavilion was also located.

Servants rushed to tend with the three individual's needs after seeing them walk towards the pavilion without any assistants.

"You sing really well, Pier." Raphael started to talk with Pier. The young master who was uninterested in the two persons nodded his head.

"Thank you, Sir Raphael." He said and his lazy eyes darted to another location. Raphael felt an unpleasant feeling with Pier's disinterest in his talking.

Maybe it was because no one had ever disregarded his initiative to talk with him?

'I want to play with the ukulele more but these two showed up and made Caleb scared' Pier sulked and decided not to interact with them further.

'I wonder where he bought the ukulele, should I try looking for stores in the capital?' He thought. When they reached the pavilion, the servants immediately served them tea along with different types of pastries.