Special Chapter - What Happened?

[A flashback of what happened before Eliam transmigrated into Pier's body]

The clouds were rumbling in the night sky.

"Asherrr!" Pier whined as he followed Asher inside the Palace Halls while carrying a box of cookies he personally made for the prince.

"Please accept these, I made them extra sweet for you!" He smiled brightly. His dark hair swayed along as he stood beside Asher. However, the prince did not mind even bother answering him.

"Hello, Uhm, can you bring this to Asher's study?" He asked when he passed by a knight who was guarding the entrance of the halls.

The knight turned to look at him and Pier cowered for a second at the knight's scary gaze.

"I... Uhm... please?" He pleaded but the knight did not move and instead looked away.

"I'm in my duty right now, young master. Please do not disturb me" The knight replied before completely ignoring Pier.

"Oh... haha... okay," Pier said, feeling embarrassed by the words the knight had just said to him.

He did not want to cause any more trouble so he simply went back and followed Asher.

It was the Kingdom's Festival in celebration of the Sun god's blessing for the royal family. People were roaming around the streets and a huge feast was laid by the king for everyone to enjoy.

Streets were filled with small lanterns that contained light orbs and food stalls were placed side by side as people gathered in the capital. Nobles and commoners alike were given the chance to freely converse and talk with each other as a sign of peace within the entire kingdom.

Pier followed Asher who did not stop walking when he went to persuade the knight in placing the cookies he had made for Asher.

"Asher!" He called and followed him. His green and pink suit was an eye-catcher for everyone who saw him.

People started whispering when they saw the young master from the Belmiunde Household. He was wearing the same color street performers and entertainers would wear when they do something funny.

Pier turned to look at the people who were whispering. He was nervous.

'Am I doing good? Is it enough for people to like me for Asher?' He had a glint of hope on his face.

He was nervous because it was a difficult standard that he should reach in order to become a match for the Crown Prince.

'There goes the young master again'

'What a bad color combination'

'Imagine the shame the tailor would get because the young master ordered a suit like that'

'Disgusting'

Asher heard each and every single one of them. The whispers reached his ears and made his stomach churn in an unpleasant way. He wanted to get away from Pier. He did not want to involve himself in such a disgraceful matter.

"Asherrr!" Pier whined again. His fragile and weak body could not keep up in walking with the prince because Asher's long and wide strides were too much for him.

However, the prince did not stop. He walked further and further until Pier could no longer reach him. His figure became smaller as the distance widened.

Pier stopped for a moment to catch his breath. The cookies inside the cookie box rattled as he came to an abrupt halt.

He placed his hands on his knees and he breathed in a couple more times.