Chapter 12 - First Performance

"Greetings, your majesty." Pier lowered his head respectfully. The king smiled brightly after seeing how courteous his beloved child was.

"Thank you for heeding my call, Pier." King Henry then stood up from the throne and walked down the steps. The sound of his luxurious shoes stepping down the marble steps still sounded expensive in Pier's ears

Once the king reached the bottom of the stairs, he patted Pier's head. It was always the same action he did whenever Pier visited the Royal Palace. Patting Pier's head would be the norm and up until this day, it never changed.

"It's my pleasure to meet his majesty once more." He smiled and the king returned the sweet smile.

"The instructor for your performance had already arrived, my child. Let us meet him now." Pier and King Henry then headed towards the music room of the palace

When Pier arrived at the music room, even though he had already been here after practicing multiple times in his past performance, it was still different from what he had in his memory. The calmness the room gave Pier made him happier a little bit after being exhausted with all the things happening.

"Greetings, His Majesty... and Young Master Pier." An old man, which was about in his mid-fifties greeted the king but did not even look at Pier

Pier glanced at the old man and Pier was surprised to see that the old man sneered at him secretly when the king was not looking. Pier's eyebrows raised in question after seeing the old man's actions. He was Pier's musical instructor ever since Pier was a child and was going to perform in the Royal Banquet

"Sir Bart, it's nice to see you again," Pier greeted him and the old man's expression became filled with more animosity towards the young master.

Somehow, Pier understood why the old man was mad at him. The original Pier did not have any talent in instruments. Even though he was trained by the palace instructor, he did not achieve any significant development by the time he was under their training. All the instructor did was receive ridicule after Pier's embarrassing performances in the previous Royal Banquets.

'But I am not the original Pier and I do not welcome people sneering at me behind someone else's back.' Pier was irritated. Sure, the previous owner of his body was not talented, even an ounce, in music but Eliam was a prodigy. What he hated the most are people who think they were better than him or those who think poorly of him.

The king must not have noticed the secret stares they gave each other and continued to walk towards the piano that was in the middle of the room. The piano was extremely luxurious, even for Eliam who had lived in luxury in his younger years before moving out for college. He could tell that the instrument was made out of incredibly fine materials and if it were present in his previous life, it would be one of the most expensive instruments he had ever seen.

"What will you be playing today, Pier?" The king asked and Pier looked up at him. The king thought that Pier was like a child looking at his father.

'If only...' King Henry started thinking but erased such ridiculous thoughts

"Can I play the song that is to my liking, your majesty?" Pier asked him and the king nodded. The instructor named Bart did not bother speaking. He wanted to rush out of the room before hearing the horrendous performance Pier Belmiunde will do.

'My ears are going to bleed once more, my poor life!' He was already expecting what would happen next. Pier was the worst pianist he had ever come across in his life. Pier plays so bad that he even messes up the basic songs that even noble children could easily do.

He internally sighed and looked at the young master whom he hated so much. Pier did not do anything to him intentionally but he was mad at the young noble for trying so hard to impress everyone. Pier would constantly seek the crowd's approval and at the same time would continue to pursue the crown prince, the most talented student he ever handled.