Chapter 51 - Charm of the Evening's Delight

A/N: Had a writer's block when doing this chapter but I gladly overcame it :D. Enjoy!

---

Maids were busily preparing everything for the Crown Prince's birthday. Food was being prepared and decorations were further improved by the planner.

It was the day where people would come to celebrate Asher Lumiere's birthday. 

Everything was smoothly going. 

"Are the preparations done, Asher?" The King asked and Asher nodded his head.

"Yes, father" Asher curtly replied.

The king hummed while sitting on the throne as he turned to look at the busy people running. 

"The time for you to become the king is getting nearer, Asher" the king said and Asher nodded his head.

"I know, father. I still have a lot to learn but when that time comes, I will make sure I am prepared" The king nodded in satisfaction with Asher's words. 

Henry knew that Asher was a responsible son. He was excellent in different areas and he fulfilled his duties as a prince well. However, he also knew Asher's immature side where the prince would rather let his emotions take over than rationality.

But his son feels slightly different now. He did not know the reason but he found Asher to be slightly mature ever since he had came back from the Boundary. It was his instinct as a king that told him that something was new to his son.

"Tell me, my son, did something happen back at the boundary?" The king asked and Asher had a slightly surprised look on his face. 

He thought about what he should answer.

"About that, we found out that the mayor of the boundary had been embezzling funds from the boundary's treasury" Asher said and the king nodded his head. 

"I see, then I'm guessing the rumors about Pier playing a huge part in discovering the crime was true?" Asher nodded his head.

"Yes, father. Pier was the one who thought about investigating the mayor's office and he was also the one notified by the perpetrators who murdered the attendant about the incident" The king's eyebrows raised in awe at the statement.

It took him a full minute to process what Pier had done before he chuckled. 

"That kid sure is full of surprises" Asher turned to look at his father. The king had a small smile on his face when he talked about Pier. 

"Do you not want Pier for me anymore, father?" Asher asked and the king stopped for a second.

"May I know the reason for such question?"

"I am simply asking out of curiosity, father" Asher replied and the king turned to look at his son who had gotten most of his features back when he was young.

"I do want him for you, but it is up to Pier if he wants to do the same anymore" the king replied and Asher was silent at the statement.

"Why, do you want him to be with you?" The king asked and Asher remained quiet for a minute. He was thinking about  the question the king asked him.

"I am also confused about what I want, father"

---

Night had fallen upon the distant sky. The setting of the sun was the mark of the Crown Prince's birthday celebration. It wasn't just at the palace where the celebration was being held. All across the kingdom, people were doing their own celebration for the Crown Prince's birthday.