Chapter 18 - Dancing Under the Moonlight

Validation? no, the purpose of Pier's performance was not to ask for everyone's approval. Rather, it was for him to please one of Pier's longing desires. He continuously saw how Pier wanted to perform well in the Royal Banquet but his lack of talent was the problem. Eliam simply wanted to satisfy the dreams Pier wanted to achieve.

And he was able to make the first step.

After his majestic performance, Pier bowed and the endless cheers and claps continued until the king himself spoke.

"Wonderful! Such wonderful talent, my child!" Pier could tell that the king was filled with happiness. He bowed and thanked King Henry who was still smiling widely at the young noble.

As Pier got back in his designated seat, which was with his friends, the nobles he passed were trying to strike up a conversation with him.

"That was excellent, young master!"

"May I invite the young master to our gathering?"

"Young master, this is my son..."

"Young master, this is my daughter..." and so on

In a single performance, people's view of Pier started to gradually change. They thought that he would once well do badly in the banquet but Pier did the other way around and it was to say the most unexpected twist in this evening's event. He was able to produce a performance that was one of the best in the kingdom's long history.

Pier answered them all. Those that complimented him were given thanks, those that invited him to gatherings were told he would if he could, and those that introduced their children were simply thanked but were never accepted.

In contrast with Pier, Eliam was not a fan of such feelings. In his past life, he could not afford to deal with such emotions in the first place given how he had multiple things to handle at once. He also did not have a good impression of it in the first place. His parents, who were arranged in marriage did not have that kind of feelings. They treated each other as business partners instead of husband and wife and viewed Eliam as an investment.

Eliam did not want to deal with those. If the right time would come then it would, but right now what he wanted to do the most is to live life to its fullest with nothing holding him back.

As he got back in his seat with Raphael and Vivian, they immediately bombarded him with questions and remarks. Especially Vivian.

"Young master! That was such a beautiful performance!" She was brimming with excitement as she greeted Pier. What she saw was the epitome of talent itself and she thought that it was the best performance she had ever seen and heard. Her impression and admiration for Pier went up multiple levels after that.

"Thank you, Lady Vivian. I have practiced multiple times for that" Raphael who heard Pier's response simply raised his eyebrow.

No, what Pier did was simply practice for a single day, and even during that time, he practiced the songs of the kingdom with ease. He even goofed around with Raphael when they were supposedly practicing.

"You're continuously surprising me, Pier," he said as he smiled at Pier. His handsome and shining face blinded Pier.

'He's too handsome!' Pier thought before dismissing his immature thoughts and answering Raphael.

"Expect more." He said and winked suggestively. Raphael's face reddened slightly at the action as he suddenly became a little bit embarrassed. Vivian who saw this looked at the two with a calculating gaze.

Pier was hungry. He forgot to eat after having all of these preparations for the Royal Banquet back in the mansion and so without caring about anything else in his surroundings, he started eating the delicious food that was served by the servants.