Chapter 14 - As It Begins

Pier stared at the small whirlwind that was in his hand. The once spherical shape of the wind was now gone and was instead replaced with a whirlwind. However, he could still manifest the orb if he wanted to. It's just that he can now create both an orb and a whirlwind.

'Should I try attacking using this?' He thought as the whirlwind became slightly violent when he thought of attacking.

Pier looked at a patch of grass that was in the far corner of the training grounds of the central mansion. Because the main train grounds for the mages and knights of the Belmiunde Household are in the Western and Southern Areas respectively, no one used the central area's training ground so Pier and sometimes, Liza would train here. It was still well maintained but occasionally, the amount of magic present in the air would make plants grow faster thus he can find some patches of grass inside the area.

He directed his palm at the patch of grass.

'Attack!' He internally thought. He was done with the chanting and saying things like 'attack' or whatever was definitely not in his taste. He was busy in the past days that he did not have the chance to practice his magic.

However, the small whirlwind in his hand did not even go towards the patch of grass. It just kept spinning in his hands.

Swoosh! Pier scratched the back of his head and tried pointing at the patch of grass again.

'Pierce!' He was cringing at the word he said in his head but the whirlwind still did not move. He had already been sitting here for the past three hours and this afternoon, his suit that was specially made by Lady Morata would arrive. He wanted to practice magic as much as he could before the day of the Royal Banquet so that he could at the very least feel satisfied with his magic. Pier was extremely devoted to learning magic.

"By my commandment, heed my call and grant my wish..." he murmured and pointed at the grass but still, no attack came out. The whirlwind simply swirled in his palm as if it was dancing.

'Hmmm... it did move when I thought about attacking the patch of grass earlier but when I actually did try attacking it nothing happened,' he thought as he raised his palm up high. He observed the whirlwind in his hand, in every angle, and in every corner.

"Go!" He verbally said and laughed as if he was crazy when nothing happened. Pier sighed and placed laid down on the ground. He was going to get changed later anyway so it was not a problem if his training clothes get dirty. He placed his left hand on the back of his head and raised his right hand. The glass ceiling of the training ground refracted the sunlight inside.

"How could I get you to move?" He asked the silently moving whirlwind in his palm but as he expected, he got no answer. At this point, he would have gotten annoyed but he still remained calm. He was already at an extremely fast progress with his proficiency in magic that if he unfolds that he could even use fire at high proficiency people would consider him as the next archmage or something.

The reason why Pier was able to increase his proficiency in magic was because of the soul that was inside him right now, Eliam. Eliam, the prodigy of the century, was good at analyzing things thus allowing him to grow constantly at an incredibly fast pace.

'If it moved when I thought about attacking but did not when I actually did try maybe it's based on perspective?' He analyzed how he viewed the patch of grass at first glance. He thought that it was an actual enemy that would attack him at any time.

'Like the crown prince.' Pier laughed at his thought. Asher's stare would definitely look like he's trying to attack the raven-haired Pier.

He looked at the patch of grass as if it was Asher's face and glared at it