Chapter 23 - The Invitation (3)

Pier was starting to get annoyed.

'Seriously, I would have gouged their eyes out if I could,' He remarked inside his head. The stares the nobles were giving him after their first attempt to gang up on him were uncomfortable.

"Will the young master sit beside the crown prince again?" Raphael asked Pier but the latter declined and shook his head. 

"I would not want to disturb the Crown Prince's meeting. I shall then sit at the corner." Pier smiled before parting ways with Raphael and sitting at the farthest corner of the table they were all gathered.

Sitting beside Asher would be the last thing he wanted to do today and it would seem awkward with how Asher stared at him earlier.

He silently watched as the servants brought in the various luxurious delicacies to the table.

"Young master here is the tea -- ah!" the servant who brought Pier a teapot with boiling tea inside it suddenly tripped.

Hiss!

The servant lost her balance and fell to her knees and the freshly brewed tea spilled from the pot.

Gasp!

Everyone in the room gasped as the hot tea landed on Pier's right arm.

"Young master!" Raphael hurriedly went to Pier's side and inspected the burned arm. The pale skin was now swelling so much and Pier stared at his burned arm.

"Quickly grab a damp cloth!" Raphael's panicked voice was heard by the servants but the nobles did not even move an inch. The servants hurriedly searched for a damp cloth to alleviate the burn on Pier's arms.

'Why is this so familiar?' Pier asked himself as the familiar feeling of pain seeped into his flesh.

He scanned Pier's memories about the reason why he felt a familiar feeling of his skin burning.

'Forgive me, young master!" The servant cried as she was kneeling on the floor of the prince's palace.

'Asher! It hurts!' Pier complained as the scalding hot tea soaked his clothes and burned his stomach. However, the prince did not even bother giving him attention but instead pretended as if nothing happened.

"Oh my, please be careful next time," Arda told the servant and the servant bowed before hurriedly going back to the kitchen.

"What? are you not going to punish that servant, Lady Arda?" Pier asked as he winced at the slight pain of the burn he got from the tea.

"It's fine, young master. Besides, it was simply an accident." Instead of Arda replying, it was Elena who told him that it was simply an accident.

"What are your thoughts, Your Highness?" She asked Asher and the prince nodded his head as if he wasn't even interested in the scenario.

Pier bowed his head, unable to speak up after Asher told him that it was only an accident and the servant does not need to be punished.

He clenched his fist and stood up from his seat and walked out of the venue of the gathering

Pier felt the cold sensation brought by the damp cloth. The pain was slightly subsiding but it was still evident.

"Forgive me, young master!" It was the same servant that had burned him on Pier's memory. Pier diverted his gaze at the servant.

'She definitely did that on purpose.' The way that Pier was the first person to be served with the tea even in the presence of the Crown Prince and how the maid landed on the exact position with her bottom looking like she indeed slipped like the last time was already suspicious enough.