Chapter 11 - Prince Faust

"Then how about this, Lady Morata," he started speaking.

"I will give you the designs but in exchange, you will simply have to endorse me, Pier Belmiunde, as your official partner in making the designs," He said as if he had no choice

"Ah, and do not give these designs to the others as well. This will be the one and only copy of the designs that will exist within the entirety of the kingdom," Pier stated. Lady Morata nodded in each of his conditions as if she was agreeing without even thinking about what Pier said.

"Another thing, Lady Morata. We can only release the designs to those who partner solely with us. If the noble had other dressmakers as partners, then we will not entertain them by any means." Lady Morata nodded again. Pier's conditions seemed normal to her considering these designs are exquisite and unique.

"Magic contracts will be given to those who wanted to do their bidding with you, of course, to assure that you will be their only partner and the designs would not be given away," Pier stated. If one would look at it, it seems like Pier was trying to take over the entire tailoring and dressmaking industry but Lady Morata did not even complain about any of the conditions stated.

Magic contracts in this world are contracts imbued with magic from the church itself. This will secure that the agreements written in the contracts are followed and those that oppose will face the consequences.

'No one would even bother thinking over the magic contracts because they will see the designs as highly confidential and one of a kind.' Pier started laughing internally at the thought. He was thankful for having the knowledge from a world that was centuries more advanced than the current timeline he was in.

"I will not require Lady Morata to give me any portion of the profit that you will earn after acquiring the designs. Just follow my conditions," He spoke. Pier's original purpose was to simply order a new suit from Lady Morata but he came up with the sudden idea of his first step in clapping back at those that wronged the original Pier.

Lady Morata's eyes were almost sparkling while holding the folder that contained the designs tightly. She could not believe that such a person exists. It seems like the young master was a blessing sent by the gods unto her. He did not even ask for any payment with the designs nor any part of the profit but instead made conditions that the designs will solely be hers. All that she could see were gains in this partnership and could not find any reason to refuse.

"Then, I will gladly take this partnership on, young master!" She had an extremely bright smile and Pier also returned the smile in a very sophisticated way

"However, young master..." She had one thing to ask

"What is it?" Pier replied as he sipped on the tea that was now lukewarm

"If I may be so bold to ask this but... why me? I am pretty sure that there are better dressmakers and tailors that the young master can form his desired partnership with." She hesitantly asked. She started questioning her eligibility for such an opportunity.

Pier had already anticipated this question and started to fake a frown. His eyebrows furrowed and the corner of his lips slowly downturned. He needed to look pitiful but at the same time believable.

"I have been delusional for the previous years. I have relentlessly chased after the Crown Prince when it was obvious that his highness will never spare his affection for me. I wasted too much time on things that will not even benefit me the slightest and so now, I have decided to focus more on myself and be a better head for the family." His face was contorted onto that of sorrow and regrets. His voice, too, was laced with such sadness that the lady's look on him softened even more.