Chapter 40 - Irrational

"If this isn't enough proof that I can slay a magic beast then I am welcoming duels from any of you who have said so yesterday."

The two elements manifested and Pier's hands and everyone who saw it stood immobile in their spots. The wind on his left palm seemed like it was unstable at how it constantly splurged out gusts of wind towards the surroundings.

Pier's clothes fluttered as the wind set warning signals to the people. The fire magic on his right hand blazed so brightly that everyone thought they would become roasted humans if they even touch the slightest bit of heat.

Pier was indeed showing off his magic powers and it was working pretty effectively. The knights, priests, and clerks started to back off one by one as Pier's elements raged in both of his palms.

"Pier!" Pier turned to look at the person who called him. He raised his eyebrows when he saw Asher looking at him with wide eyes.

"You can use magic..."

'Is that a statement or a question?' Pier thought as he glanced at the prince who had a bewildered look.

He did not bother responding to the prince but instead focused his attention back on the people present in their current location.

"None?" He asked and there was a short moment of silence before a voice answered.

"Then please let me have the honor of having a duel against the young master." Pier looked at the person who talked and he was slightly surprised to see that it was the captain of the royal knights.

Gasp!

People gasped at the knight captain's words. The knight captain was a veteran swordsman that was almost at the level of an expert swordsman, two steps away from becoming a swordmaster himself and he was accepting the duel against the young master who never showed his skills in dueling another person.

"Y-Young Master, let me fight in your stead!" Gideon said behind Pier. It was up against the knight captain and he did not want to see Pier lose against someone who had years of experience in fighting.

"Can you win?" Pier asked and Gideon stopped for a moment.

He had just become a knight. He may have the talent in swordsmanship but he could not easily catch up with the knight captain's skills and experience.

"I-I'm not sure..." he contemplated.

"As I thought so. Let me handle this one." Pier said as his fire magic reformed into a sword. It was the form that he had the most difficulty in manifesting and took him 3 days of not sleeping and concentrating.

The fire sword was directly connected with his palm and unlike the heavy swords made out of physical materials, his fire sword was weightless and easy to move.

"Hoh! I'm amazed to see a sword made from fire!" The Knight Captain announced before stepping in forward. Some cheered the knights' captain and others

However, Asher stopped the knight captains from having a duel with the young master.

"That's enough." He commanded.

"That is already enough proof for the young master to show his magic in front of all of us," Asher said and the people around them also nodded their heads. As if Asher's words were absolute.

The knights' captain backed off and bowed respectfully to Asher before turning towards Pier's direction. He was still amazed at the sword which was made out of fire and he wanted to try dueling with the young master.

"Then I would like to concede, for the time being, young master. I am looking forward to the time when we can partake in an official duel." the knights' captain said before completely backing off.