Chapter 44

In one short, simple moment, the electric charge between us reaches peak capacity, and there's nothing to stop him from pouncing at me. His hand cradles my head as I hit the door behind us.

His surprise attack leaves my open mouth vulnerable to his advances, allowing his tongue free reign momentarily until I can fight back. Both of my wrists are pinned above my head while he yanks on my hair, forcing my eyes and lips up to meet his in an electric explosion of pent up lust. His lips leave mine much too soon only for him to whisper in my ear seductively.

"You deserve to be tied up and fucked hard enough to make you regret every little smartass remark that left your precious lips today, but since it's your birthday, I'll—"

"Do it." I breathe, my confident tone masked by how desperately I want him right now.

He raises an eyebrow, moving another inch towards me before dragging his nose along my jawline up towards my ear. "Watch it, princess."

When he pulls back, he relaxes just enough for me to slip out of his grasp and put a few feet between us.

I've always been a goody-two-shoes control freak, but when he says things like that, I can feel that good girl unraveling.

"Or what? You'll actually do what you say for once."

"Come here. Now." He growls, his already loose tie coming completely undone underneath his swift fingers.

I can't help but wiggle underneath his gaze, a useless attempt to stifle the pulsing sensation and anticipation between my legs. My eyelids flutter closed in expectation of his lips crashing into mine once again until my body jerks around, so we're no longer face to face.

With a few adept string pulls and his fingers tickling the nape of my neck, the back of my dress is open enough to slowly slide into a pool on the hard floor, leaving me exposed in my matching red lingerie. A shiver runs down my spine from his carefully concocted mixture of cool breath, torture, and excitement.

I want to turn around and touch him, stare into his eyes, kiss those soft lips, but before I dare to move, a strong arm wraps my waist pulling me back against his chest. The other hand trails up my arm and across my collar bone in such a dangerously slow manner that when it finally reaches my neck I'm already groaning his name.

The tip of his index finger stretches to push against my chin until my head is leaning back against his shoulder, giving him complete access to lavish my neck with kisses, nibble on my ear, and suck gently on my soft skin.

I feel a slight twinge just below my jaw.

Okay, maybe not so gently.

"Declan, I swear. If you leave a hickey, I'm going to—"

He squeezes his hand a little tighter, causing my breath to get stuck in the back of my throat before whispering in my ear.

"Nothing. You're only going to do exactly as I say. Understand?" I try to nod, but his hand won't allow much movement. "I need to hear you say it."

"Yes sir." I breathe.

"Good girl." I nod slowly as he turns me around to face him, pulling the red lace lingerie off in seconds until I'm completely naked, presenting myself to him as a present. "Lay on the bed. Show me how you play with it. I want to watch it drip out of you. "

His dark eyes follow my every move as my fingers travel slowly down my body towards the dripping center, and he lets out a deep breath when I circle my clit, moaning softly from the soft touch from my cold fingers. I follow every command as if my life depends on it, and every breath begins to leave my lungs in a short gasp.