Chapter 13

And that was the first 'good night' of many.

Our relationship thus far has been nothing but that odd yet blissful beginning stage. He's so attentive and such a good listener that I felt like he really knew me after a couple of weeks. I've spent this whole first month of dating doing anything and everything to keep him to myself as long as possible, which is probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do with Kennedy and Declan's incessant nagging.

This is even worse than when they wanted to meet each other.

If Kennedy wasn't so over-protective and judgemental and Declan wasn't so, well, Declan Wilder, then I would have introduced him a long time ago. I'm just glad that I'm the overprotective one in the family and I don't have to worry about Jackson. He's been one of my best friends for a long time now, but he's still my baby brother. So, I'm pretty sure he's never been worried about anything in his entire life.

I guess that leads us to now, dragging my almost boyfriend to dinner with my best friend, my brother, my new friends, and Declan. I can only hope this goes as smoothly as the last meet and greet.

Someone, who I'm assuming is Jackson, vigorously bangs on my apartment door.

"Bruh, what took you so freaking long to finally come see me? You went college kid AWOL on me, and it's the middle of summer."

"What are you talking about? I talk to you at least once a week."

"Well, that doesn't —"

My train of thought is completely lost when the doorbell rings. I wasn't expecting anyone this early, but here stands Jordan.

"Hi." He slowly leans towards me, but before his lips reach anywhere near mine, I quickly dodge his advances to lead him towards the living room. I was not expecting him this early, and none of my signals to Jackson are working.

Jackson is quick to introduce himself, but what comes next I could never ever have prepared myself for.

"So, you must be Declan."

I don't know whose eyes are bigger, mine or Jordan's, but nothing beats the look that crosses Jackson's face when Jordan glances at me and then answers, "Umm. No, actually, I'm Jordan."

Jordan softly smiles, but you can tell he's uneasy and slightly confused. In Jackson's defense, I've known Declan a lot longer than Jordan. In my defense, I've definitely mentioned Jordan on every phone call since we met, but I guess those stories weren't as interesting as pizza with strangers and random tattoos.

"Oh, so you're the boyfriend." And with one short sentence from my brother, I am saved.

I mean, technically, he is my boyfriend. He's said it before, and I've made jokes about it. We just haven't had the talk, and I've definitely never called him that in front of anyone else. But there's always a first time for everything, and Jordan is smiling, meaning I'm officially not in trouble.

"Okay, well, let's go before we're late for our reservation."

One quality Jackson has is being able to get along with just about anybody. That's one thing we will never have in common. I always end up seeming like a pretentious bitch most of the time, but he's become best friends with Jordan in a matter of minutes.

I'm sure I'll get his real opinion later, but for now, they're getting along like they've known each other forever.

I think I've apologized to our sweet waitress for bringing such a big group about seven times before everyone even arrives. Declan, Chris, and Hailey weren't far behind Kennedy and Will, and of course, Stella and Gen are fashionably late as always. Introductions are quick and everyone conversing like they've known each other for years is even quicker.