Chapter 35

I can feel his low groan more than I can hear it as it vibrates against the side of my neck. A strong mixture of pleasure and freedom as his mouth roughly closes over mine, pulling me closer, straddling him on the couch.

The still coherent part of my mind wondering if we should really be doing this here is overpowered by the rest of me that doesn't give a shit.

His tongue sweeping over mine until I'm utterly lost in the taste of him. The ache between my thighs increasing with every second as his fingers dig into my skin and slide up my shirt to press gently at bare skin on the small of my back.

"Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me." Maverick groans, covering his eyes while simultaneously rubbing his temples with his thumb and middle finger. "Seriously."

"Oh, shit."

Declan and I are both dying from laughter, my head resting on his shoulder to hide my burning face.

"My bad, Mav. She started it."

"I'm sorry?" I question sarcastically, jolting up to defend myself. "If I remember correctly, I was just sitting innocently until you made me put my ice cream back in the freezer to attack me."

"You were sitting on the counter, swinging those long legs and moaning every other bite. What did you expect?"

"I was not!"

"Look," Maverick states before our little spat can continue. "Just because I know this is a thing, doesn't mean I need to see it. Okay? It's just fucking weird."

I cock my head to the side, trying to keep a straight face, thankful Mav can't see Declan's face when I lie. "So, does that mean no more sex on the kitchen counter?"

"You didn't?" Maverick's eyes widen two sizes as he glances from my face to the kitchen and back to me. "Seriously? Is nothing sacred anymore? We all eat in here."

There Declan and I go again, bursting into laughter. Except this time, he's the one red faced from wheezing as Maverick starts heading back down the hallway.

"Did you really have to do him like that?"

"Mav, wait!" I call, climbing off of Declan, waiting for him to emerge from back around the corner. "I was totally kidding. The kitchen is safe."

"For now," Declan mumbles under his breath, just before taking a massive hit from my elbow. "Umm, ouch."

"He's totally kidding." I turn back to Declan with a stern look. "Tell him you're kidding."

"As I said, I don't want to see it. I don't want to hear it. I want to know nothing." Maverick says, holding up his hands and shaking his head. "And you better get it all out of your system within the next five minutes before Chris and the girls get here. ."

Not that I like admitting it, but much like me, Maverick is never wrong. If we don't want all heaven and hell exploding right in our living room, Declan is going to have to learn some self control.

And by Declan needing some self control, I actually mean, I'm not allowed to touch him or even look at him in the wrong way

Or I guess it would be the right way.

Either way, it doesn't matter because once that door bell rings, we're back to gray area best friends, who are absolutely, undoubtedly, downright, positively not fucking each other on the down low.

The front door swings open Chris, Hailey, and Genevieve.

Gen is finally back to her natural hair color, chestnut brown straight down her back. She tucks her hair behind her ear before inquisitively looking around, smiling when she sees me.