Chapter 27

The bathroom door swings open, slamming back against the wall. Three quick, long strides catch him up to me within seconds. The sharp breath I pull into my lungs is blatantly audible when he grabs the back of my neck, pulling me towards him until his face is less than an inch away from mine.

"I don't know what little game you think you're playing," he growls, taking a step with each word until my back hits the wall behind us. "But it's starting to piss me off."

"Good." I smirk. "That's the point."

"So, you just enjoy being a sadistic bitch, then?"

"Yeah, actually, I do." I push hard at his chest. "Especially when you've been the one teasing me for two fucking weeks. Make outs when no one is home. Sexually inappropriate comments when we're surrounded by all our friends. Eye fucking me every chance you get. And don't even get me started on–"

"Well, what would you rather me do? Never touch you or look at you at all? Huh? Is that what you want?"

"No."

"Then, just tell me what you fucking want!" He raises his voice, allowing it to reverberate off the wall as he steps closer again.

"I want you!" I can't control my volume any better than he can at this point.

Has it not been blatantly obvious what I want?

He runs his fingers through the damp curls falling down towards his brow, shaking his head and sighing. "Oh, fuck me," he mumbles.

"I've been trying to!"

And then he finally gives me what I want.

Kissing me like nothing in the world is more important than this moment. The blissfully enamored Declan from this afternoon mixed with the angry, aroused man in front of me. All of his emotions conveyed in one passionate kiss from his lips to mine.

"You're going to be the death of me. Do you know that?" He rests his forehead against mine.

"I'm the one who's been slowly dying since the moment we met."

He grips my hips tightly, pulling them towards him while I wrap my arms around his neck until his heart is beating against mine. Butterflies fluttering deep within me as my fingers intertwine in his hair. The only sound in the house being the soft noises he makes while sucking on my sweet pressure point and the soft moans that escape my swollen lips. My cold shaking hands playing with the towel back on his hips.

His steady hands move to cover my own, grabbing my wrists until I look at him.

"We don't–"

"I want to." I interrupt him, a mere whisper of reassurance. "I want you. Right now. All of you."

A moment of confliction spreads across his face, like he wants to believe me, but there's still something holding him back. Like he's still unsure how to broach this spontaneous predicament.

"Are you sure?"

"Declan, I've never been so sure of anything in my life."

This decision has been completely mine, and there's no need to question my sudden urge to let Declan deflower me. But the fact that he's taking every precaution to make sure I'm ready only reassures my decision.

I throw my arms back around his neck, sliding my fingers through the short hairs when he crashes his lips into mine, slipping his tongue in and devouring me like I'm prey.

The hint of self control he's been holding onto drops completely, and he wastes no time throwing clothing until he uncovers the black lingerie he saw a sneak peek of earlier today.