Chapter 7

Saturdays are for the boys, so I set my plan in motion, which includes not leaving my house for a whole twenty-four hours. After a week full of work and shenanigans, I finally have a free day all to myself, and it's just enough to recharge and revive myself for another crazy week. Between juggling work, Kennedy's wedding, and Declan's endless list of ways to get me out of the house, I just need some time to sit back, read a book, and eat as much candy and chips as I want.

I've barely settled into the couch with my second mystery novel of the day, the aroma of fresh popcorn floating through my apartment, nestled between soft pillows, book in hand, before something vibrates near my foot, interrupting my peaceful night. It's after eleven. Who the hell is going to call me this late?

"Shhh. Mav, I'm trying to talk to MK." I hear Declan whisper through the phone playfully. "We are so fucking hammered. You should come supervise. I miss you."

"What happened to Saturdays are for the boys?"

For some reason, I knew there was going to be trouble, but I figured he would make it someone else's problem.

"Puhleease. Saturdays are now for you," he whines.

Well, this is weird. Did he just beg? I can't decide if his begging for me to come over is lowkey, kind of hot or just plain desperate.

"Declan, I'm already in my pajamas, and with you, just about any day is for bugging me and doing whatever the hell you want."

"I don't care what you're wearing," he whines before giggling. "Unless it's something sexy."

Even as a drunk idiot, he remains the same.

"Declan—"

"Just get your ass over here. I need you."

"You don't need me."

"Okay." His voice drops into a serious tone. "I want you."

"Okay, fine." I sigh.

One day I'm going to figure out how to say no to him, but unfortunately that night is not tonight. So, I'm climbing off the couch headed straight for trouble.

And trouble is right.

I can hear the music thumping before I even climb out of my car. When I enter Declan's house, Chris is standing on a table surrounded by a small crowd of unfamiliar people. Despite this little show and the large crowd, Declan spots me from across the room, pushing his way through the ocean of people.

"MK, you're here!" He throws his arms—and the majority of his weight—around me, and I stumble before catching him.

Some people are still dancing and drinking, but the rest have their eyes glued on us. Other than Chris, Maverick, and Declan, no one in this room has any idea who the hell I am, but that doesn't mean they need to stare so judgingly even if I am dressed like a twelve year old.

"Declan, you could've told me this was a party."

"I didn't think you would come." He pouts. "You practically begged me to get you out of that club the night we met."

"I don't quite remember it like that." I roll my eyes.

"Here take this." He hands me a drink before dragging me across the room. "I have some people I want you to meet."

He's already had enough alcohol for the both of us, so the one he hands me will be more of an accessory for the night.

"This is Stella and Genevieve." He motions to the girls in front of me who are in a much higher league than I will ever be in. "This is Mary-Kelton. She's who I was telling you about earlier."