"I didn't say anything!" Jaken said.

"For once, he's telling the truth," Rin said.

"What do you mean, 'for once'!?" Jaken snapped.

"Tch, in the end, they still went easy on him," Inuyasha said, sitting over by Shippo.

"It's great to be pampered by a bunch of girls," Shippo said. '... Speaking of which where did Miroku go all by himself?' Miroku was down by the river, examining his arm.

'The miasma wound... had spread again...' Miroku thought. 'Please... make it until the end.'

—∞—

Sesshoumaru stood on a high rock, staring out at the land below while he pondered Totosai's words.

Sesshoumaru, It's as you said. Your father intended for Tenseiga to one day be absorbed by Tessaiga.

'Meaning that... father intended to leave me with nothing, huh,' he thought.

"Are you all right with not returning Sesshoumaru-sama?" Byakuya asked. Sesshoumaru furrowed his brow as spun around and created a giant round meidou in the direction of his voice and smell. A huge portion of the rock behind him was gone, but Byakuya remained, still keeping out of sight.

"... Impressive. That you'd instantly want to kill me," Byakuya said, finally showing himself as he flew on his paper crane to face Sesshoumaru through the hole in the rock.

"Byakuya of the Dreams... huh," Sesshoumaru said.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, you are... distressed about your word, no?" Byakuya said, bravely landing next to him.

"..." Sesshoumaru glared at him.

"Don't glare at me," Byakuya said. "The rock insect spirits of the mountain showed me everything about your fight with that Shishinki fellow. They also told me... that your sword Tenseiga is a part of your brother Inuyasha's Tessaiga."

"Hmph, a person like you..." Sesshoumaru said, thrusting his hand to the side, through Byakuya's chest. "Has no business eavesdropping on that!" Byakuya turned into blue flames and a lotus flower that fell softly to the ground.

"I'm certain I gave you something, Sesshoumaru-sama," Byakuya's voice echoed. Sesshoumaru opened his hand.

'A fragment of mirror...?' Sesshoumaru thought, looking at the item.

—∞—

"How long do you people intend to hang around!" Jaken asked. "Go away already!"

"Whaaat, the little assistant is unreliable, so what's the problem with us waiting with you?" Inuyasha said, hitting him on the head.

"Who's a little assistant?" Jaken said indignantly.

"Should I stretch you out?" Inuyasha asked, grabbing Jaken by his head and one foot.

"Ohhh, Sesshoumaru-sama, hurry up and come back!" Jaken cried.

"Inuyasha, you really are just a bully," Shippo said.

"Don't pick on Jaken too much," Katsumi told Inuyasha. "Though I understand the urge." She sat up straight when she caught Sesshoumaru's scent. She stood up and turned to look in his direction.

"Ah, Sesshoumaru-sama!" Rin said as he appeared before them.

'Sesshoumaru...' Inuyasha thought.

"Sesshoumaru-sama!" Jaken exclaimed with sparkling eyes. Sesshoumaru recalled what Byakuya told him about the mirror fragment.

Sesshoumaru-sama, that is... a fragment of Kanna's mirror monster. If you use that, You will be able to take away Tessaiga's power in its entirety. If you break up that fragment and spread it over Tenseiga's blade, that should be enough.