𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

I crawled on top of Kamden, straddling his waist as I leaned down to kiss him

"Happy three years, loser."

He grumbled, pressing his hand to my back to push me down against him. I let out a small huff of laughter.

"Babe." I said and he didn't say a thing.

"Kam."

Nothing.

"Honey."

Nope.

"Sweet cheeks, bunny baby, honey pie, sugar plum."

How could he not say something after that? After my best one.

"Love of my life."

That got a small hum of acknowledgment out of him, and I laughed a little too loud.

"Kamden! Wake up, dude!"

"Not your dude." He grumbled, holding me tighter.

"You're my dude until you wake up and help me with breakfast, mister."

His eyes fluttered open and he grinned lazily at me as I sat up straight again. "G'morning, pretty lady."

"I'd say thank you, but you're making me very upset." I told him with a frown. He smiled widely, puckering his lips as I rolled my eyes at him and kissed him.

"Still upset?"

"Very."

I got up before he could lean up to kiss me, trying to pull him up after me just like every other morning. At this point, I should've know better not to try waking him up when he wasn't ready to get up, but I was so excited for today.

He did something every year for our anniversary and I did too. This guy really loved one upping me in our relationship. I guess that was what I was waiting for.

For the major upstagement that was bound to happen, I was way too happy about it. Maybe it wasn't what would come, just that there was anything to celebrate at all.

"I'll be in the kitchen."

I didn't get an answer. Not that I expected one, anyway. Tired asshole.

While he took his time deciding whether or not it was his time to get up, I took everything we'd need out of the fridge for breakfast. Chilaquiles were the only thing I knew how to make that he actually liked. May had taught me how to make them almost two years ago when we went to spend the weekend with them.

I was half way done when I felt arms wrap around my waist. Kamden pulled me into him, pressing a kisses to my ear and then down my neck.

"You smell good." He mumbled against my skin.

"That's probably the food." I joked, but he shook his head. "It so is. I haven't even showered yet."

"Still."