|𝟏𝟖| 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐞 | 𝐏𝟏

"Mewwy Chwistmas!" Noah exclaimed, eagerly flailing his arms as he jumped up and down on the couch with his new toy next to him

I laughed, grabbing him and slinging him over my shoulder. He screamed in surprise as I walked him up the stairs. He loved when I let him on my shoulders.

It was Christmas Eve, and he'd been swearing all day that he'd make it until midnight to open a present. The clock on the wall read ten PM, but he didn't need to know that.

Mom let him open his present already so we could get him to bed so the rest of us could finally begin with the games. Sky, Allie, Logan, and Michael were here and basically jumping in their seats when I left the room.

When I'd gotten Noah tucked in, he asked, "Do I gotta go to bed, Din-Din?"

I leaned my head against the doorframe and nodded at him, reaching for the light switch.

"Yeah, you do. But you get to open all of your presents tomorrow, okay?" I smiled softly at him. He perked up.

"Could I even open a li' bit of yours!?"

I chuckled, strolling over to his bed. I kissed his nose and swept his hair out of his face. "Well, that would only be fair," I whispered. He sighed happily and turned over in his bed before grabbing my thumb to kiss it.

"I love you." I reminded him.

"Love you mostest, bubba." He mumbled as his eyes fluttered shut. I laughed softly as I stood straight, moving back over to the door. I shut off the lights and closed his door the slightest bit, leaving it ajar- just the way he likes it.

When I finally got back downstairs, everyone was fighting over what game to play. I glanced over at Paisley and our eyes met. She'd already been looking at me, I realized. She immediately whipped her head in the other direction, looking oddly engrossed in what the adults were talking about.

I tried not to laugh, seeing as I knew the severity of what happened just two days ago. Nothing about this was funny. It was uncomfortably awkward.

I took a seat on the couch next to Sky, but she didn't even so much as glance at me. What's with her?

She'd been oddly distant recently, which was all but normal. Usually, she wouldn't leave me alone. Not like that - I liked when she grabbed my arm or hugged me. It was just odd that the last thing she was being, was touchy.

A sigh escaped my lips, and I rose, making everybody's attention snap to me. I grabbed Sky's arm and pulled her up. Dragging her up the stairs proved to be quite the test when she kept trying to get her arm out of my grasp.

When we got to the top of the stairs, I gave her a look. She groaned and tried turning for the stairs. I took her by her arm again, gripping her chin to force her to look at me.