|𝟓| 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

"You still haven't answered my question, sweetheart

"You still haven't answered my question, sweetheart..." I whisper into Paisley's ear, one of my hands holding her wrists hostage.

"Answer. My. Question, Paisley." I breathe out, my lips still touching her ear.

"What was your question?" She finally speaks up. I smile against her ear, pulling back and looking down at her. Despite her being over the average height for her age group, she was still pretty short compared to me.

"Why have been being weird?"

She swallows. Her gaze has been holding mine for almost a minute when she turns her head to the side.

"Let me go and I'll tell you." She says quietly. I consider it for a moment, thinking about all of the possible ways she could kick me out of her room if I let her go. But after weighing my options, I let go of her.

She rubs at her wrists, looking up at me through her long eyelashes like she's my mother and she's about to bring out the belt.

That would be hot-

Don't even.

She takes a seat on her messy bed, crossing her arms. "I've just had a bad week." She admits. "Or, well, a bad few weeks. I wasn't ready to move and I wasn't ready to let go of basketball. I just haven't been feeling myself."

"It'll get better." I nod, trying to reassure her. She rolls her eyes as if she's heard it so many times that it's starting to upset her. I wouldn't blame her. I hate it when people say that to me too.

Then why did I say it?

"And also? You have no place trying to pry that information out of me like I'm your buddy, Kamden. Go back to jerk you and just drop this whole besties act." She shakes her head, standing up. She walks over to her door, opening it and standing to the side. She wants me to leave.

I scoff. "Don't act like you haven't been a bitch to me since I've known you."

"You don't know me." She says quietly. "And you never will."

"I wouldn't want to anyway," I spit out. "You'd be way too much work. You're annoying and loud and overdramatic. You're so unnecessarily sarcastic, You chew with your mouth open, you know that? And you chew so fucking loud that I can hear it all the way from the cafeter-"

She interrupts me mid-speech by shoving me past the threshold, hard. She slams the door. I don't know why I'm mad, it's my fault she's shutting me out. Literally.

|𝔖|