|𝟐𝟎| 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Nah, man, it's actually kinda cool," Logan promised, examining the watch dad got me

We'd finished opening gifts almost two hours ago, and now I was here at Logan's dad's diner, eating my first Christmas dinner of the day. Yes, every year, I may possibly go to several places to eat several dinners.

If there's one thing I know how to do, it's eat. And that is in no way a joke - I take my eating habits very seriously.

"I think it was my grandpa's," I muttered as I fumbled to adjust the watch to the size of my wrist. It seemed cool, I guess. It had gold and silver with an adjustable leather strap. Though adjustable, it didn't size small enough for me.

I wasn't too sure if I was okay wearing this thing. I seriously doubted that this strap was made for watches... if you know what I mean. This strap was wayyyy too thick.

"I'll trade you," he grunted as he reached into a little brown Amazon box sitting on the bench next to him. He held up a little box of condoms, pointing at them with his signature shit-eating grin of his. "See, look - these are pretty cool, right?"

"Yep, very... 'I don't want to be a father anytime soon' esc." I smacked them out of his hands. "Fuck off, Lo."

He tapped me on the shoulder, still grinning. "Now that you have a new girl, you could use 'em with her, eh?"

I shook my head at him, trying my best to not show how pissed that made me. Even if I did have a chance, that would be the last thing on my mind.

"It's not like that this time." I scowled at him. "And stop thinking about girls like that, it's weird."

He chuckled, running his tongue over his top row of teeth and shaking his head at me. "Oh, I know. I heard your little shout-fight with Ms. Reflection-of-the-ocean - how you defended ya girl Paisley."

My arms fell to my sides, pressing my forehead against the cool marble tabletop.

He had a point. If there was one thing I didn't do very often, it was defend girls that I barely knew. I hardly ever even stood up for my friends when they got themselves into fights they couldn't handle on their own. But that could've been because I might've been a bit of a... how do you say it - oh!

A dick.

"Yeah, whatever," I grumbled. "It isn't even like that."

"Aweeee." He squished my face between his hands, puckering his lips. "Somebody looks sad. Tell daddy Lo-gi the problem." He caressed my face lovingly, and I shoved him off of me with a laugh.

"You're so fucking annoying!" I swore, laughing loudly. He laughed, continuing anyway.

"But for real, bro. This isn't your monthly 'crush' - I mean, you look at her like you want to grab her by the boobs and-"